Wednesday 15 January 2020

From TamsinP: Flapp(er)ing My Way Onto Sarah's Balloon (60 points)

Continuing my jaunt around Challenge Island, I realise that I need to hop to a distant location. The quickest way, of course, is to take a trip in Lady Sarah's Balloon. As it is now the Twenties (we shall wait to see if they are Roaring or Whimpering), what better fee could there be than these four young ladies:


Yes, some flappers, out on the town!



And this is where I realise I forgot to paint the redhead's earrings




These girls are the "Gangsters Molls" pack from Dixon Miniatures. The one in the magenta outfit does look rather tall and heavily built for a moll - maybe a musician who witnessed a hit and is now in disguise and hiding out from the mob?


for scoring:

4 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 20 points
Sarah's Balloon (first trip) @ 30 points
Total = 50 points

What's that? There's something you can see part of in the first photo?

Only a half-bottle, but it's just for me

Ah, yes - champagne! That's another 5 points, taking my total to 55. Unless there's a further bonus for being on my second glass at 3pm on a weekday? No? Thought not! - (ed oh go on then! - extra for doing in dry January)

The obligatory Challenge Island progress map:



My next stop, courtesy of Lady Sarah, will be Awdry's Atoll.


From DaveD - lovely job Tamsin - they are a fine addition , and even better some bubbly too! - lets call it 60 points!


27 comments:

  1. Love the flappers, need some guys in spats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flap-tastic flappers Tamsin, you've earned your bubbly. Let's be a bit body positive and accepting of Ms. Magenta shall we? I did chuckle over the missing earnings, we've all done that. But if you hadn't pointed it out we'd not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are absolutely fabulous, darling. I really like the punchy colours you've used for them. Wonderful stuff. Now off to Dixon to order a set for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ladies!!! Brillaint painting work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Tamsin, the faces and make-up are brilliant. I need to go and re-watch Babylon Berlin I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and a new season on the horizon! Yah!!

      Delete
  6. Nice some like it hot reference, great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super looking molls! Tony Curtis looks ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic Tamsin! The roaring twenties, like straight from the set of Babylon Berlin. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dave - thanks for the extra points, my good sir! :)

    @ Martin C - cheers! Think I've got some guys in spats already :)

    @ Adam C - thanks! :)

    @ Peter D - cheers! I try to sneak in a reference to a film classic and look what happens! *lol* I'm sure that someone would have noticed and pointed out the missing earrings if I hadn't mentioned it myself :)

    @ Curt - thanks! The blue was a real beeyatch to get looking how I wanted it :)

    @ Benito - cheers! :)

    @ Alex K - thanks! :)

    @ Mad Lemmey - cheers Will :)

    @ Iain W - thanks! :)

    @ Nick - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ladies. Great colours. Can almost hear the Charleston just by looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Oddly enough, that tune kept filtering through my subconscious while I was painting them! :0

      Delete
  11. Ooh, these ladies really are the bee’s knees!
    Could the flappers be hired by the Balloon Service to run the 24 hr Bar Service? I think theses gals could certainly help increase the popularity of the Frequent Flyer Program
    And, Yay! To afternoon champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Afternoon champers was great; evening hangover was not so great :)

      As for leaving these ladies in charge of the 24 hour bar, that's probably not a good idea - there'd be no booze left for the passengers! ;)

      Delete
  12. Excellent brushwork Tamsin! 10/10!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Tamsin.
    For whatever reason, these made me immediately think of "Midsomer Murders" - I know the timeline is all wrong, but that's my squirrel brain for you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are ace! The faces are really nicely done in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Ray - cheers m'dear! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! Midsomer Murders? That is bizarre - I'd have thought they might invoke Frankie Drake or Nero Wolfe :)

    @ Jamie - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Tamsin, Dixon Miniatures are too often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice looking ladies Tamsin.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Paul SS - thanks! I've got a few more Dixon figures waiting in the wings :)

    @ Christopher S - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright colours and the super clean painting. Super work Tamsin. You have me wanting to play some pulp games now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The painting ended up looking super-clean, but it always look sloppy as I go along. Mostly because I am quite a sloppy painter :)

      I'm sure Curt will be able to oblige with a pulp game for you :)

      Delete