Monday 17 February 2020

From Paul O'G: Wiggles tour the Eye of Terror (30 Points)

Anyone who ha parented in the last 20-30 years is probably aware of the Wiggles. Starting life as a conventional band called The Cockroaches they converted to children's entertainment, with an early learning theme and reinforced by a bunch of loveable characters including Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and my favourite, Captain Feathersword.

Anyway, I was painting some 40k Possessed Chaos Space Maries when an evil idea took root, and thus this:

 became this:
The Wiggles were touring Cadia when the 13th Black Crusade was launched. Captured by a fascinated squad of Slaaneshi Noise Marines, they were taken captive and sent to the Eye of Terror (which has had some impact upon them - and they now try to consume the youthful audiences).

And here the gang is joined by the Possessed Dorothy the Dinosaur:


I'm sure I just triggered a bunch of you with long forgotten songs that will now float around your head all day - you're welcome!  5 x 28mm figs = 25 points.

Skull-o-meter: a paltry 3 noggins to the pile, now sitting at 87.

***

I must confess I am fortunate to be free of any recollection of The Wiggles.  But that said, I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy the dark humour on offer here.  Consume youthful audiences indeed! This is hilarious, well done Paul. An extra five points for hilarity!

GregB

9 comments:

  1. The Wiggles? Never heard of them, but nice paintjobs Paul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately my daughter was too old by the time these guys hit our airwaves. Warped concept well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God I'd finally burned them from my memory and you had to dregg them up again! I prefer the new outfits, nice painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny as all heck (and great painting), but I'm afraid the Wiggles never made it past the frost-line here in my part of Canada. Maybe it was all for the best...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My granddaughter loves the Wiggles! She was dancing to 'Do The Propeller' before she could walk...
    : )
    Great work Paul, if slightly warped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems The Wiggles were mostly confined to the English speaking world and thus I was spared their music. Be that as it may they look like a bunch I wouldn't want to cross paths with in the dark in their Chaos incarnation. Maybe they just switched over to Death Metal? Very nice painting anyway!

    ReplyDelete