Monday 17 February 2020

From AlexS: More Jungle, More Huts! (65 Points)

Hello everybody! My name is Alex and I continue to work on my Pirates project. It is very important for any project that it should have everything - good miniatures, good terrain, good rules, and good players.


I did the main thing - I found good players. Now I am doing terrain and painting miniatures. Maybe I can even find some good rules. But this is the last thing ...


Terrain, as always, is made of materials that can be found in the bin or bought very cheaply. Artificial plants for the aquarium, sticks for seedlings from my wife’s stocks and faux fur for my children’s fancy dress - this allowed me to create another corner of the island in the Caribbean or Madagascar, which was the same pirate capital as Tortuga, though in another ocean.


I hope this gives the feeling of exuberant colors and abundance that I had while watching classic pirate films - I recently revised them for inspiration.


I also made a miniature Indian pirate from parts from the sets of brothers Perry and Warlord. It seems to me that he will perfectly reflect the national motley that was in the pirate teams.


When measuring, I counted 3 incomplete cubes with a side of 6 inches, which gives me, as I think, 50 points. In addition, the 28mm walking model gives me five points. Total 55 points.

***

Hello again, Alex! Well, between yourself and Miles, there is a very warm and humid terrain theme emerging.  That's a nice break for me, since it is -20 degree celsius outside my house today. As always, your tremendous ability to conjure top-shelf wargaming terrain out of bits and pieces of different things continues to impress. 

My calculations provide you with 60 points for the terrain, and an additional five points for the figure. So 65 points it is!

GregB

10 comments:

  1. Nice work Alex.
    I see that you have either survived your wife finding out that you are raiding her craft supplies last time, or, she does not know about that and punishment is deferred until she does ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and vibrant Alex. And you're right, after good players everything else is gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colourful terrain Alex. Good players are job one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking jungle terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, Alex - that's crying out for some US Marines in jungle green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I like the huts best!

    ReplyDelete