Sunday 28 March 2021

From JamesM: Tank goodness, that's over!

Hi folks,

End of challenge wrap-up post from me, just to prove I didn't just paint four 15mm Cromwells and keep showing the same pictures over and over again!

This challenge I completed a rather paltry twenty-one 15mm vehicles, four 28mm infantry and twelve 10mm cavalry. 


I knew before I started, however, that time and concentration were always going to be a difficult for me to find for a range of reasons, hence starting with a target of only 100 points. Thankfully, baby arrived safe and sound in early January (after a very anxious 9 months), and my wife still made allowances for some painting time once we had all settled into a routine. 

I finished on 210 points, and almost fully completed my planned 1 to 1 scale 15mm Polish Cromwell squadron. That's a win for me! One week past the end of the challenge and the final 3 tanks have been completed as well (not shown in the picture). 


This is the first year where I've not had any bonus entries (beyond my Curtgeld). Mainly because I'm pretty dedicated to what I paint and purchase, so for most of the rooms I just had nothing that could work. Unlike in previous challenges, I found the requirements this time round to be so specific that it was hard to find any wriggle room.

Finally a rather unflattering picture of me and my muse - who was also fed up hearing about Cromwells:

Cheers to Curt, Lady Sarah and all the minions for all the hard work! And thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my few posts - apologies for lack of many comments from me, but I did enjoy seeing what everyone else was posting!

 


15 comments:

  1. James, while your humble collection is of brilliant quality, your 1:1 scale project is downright magnificent! See you next year.

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pic James. Let's hope he grows up to be a gamer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed Ray, already planning my strategy and trying to avoid pitfalls! Engaging early and not making my space/models/hobby time separate to him is the plan.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful picture of you and your child. I am sure bedtime stories about Cromwells are just the thing tell to see this little prodigy off a night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miles. Going by what his mum says, me talking about the hobby is enough to send anyone to sleep!

      Delete
  4. Great looking work on the armoured platoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Small but perfectly formed' is a phrase that can be used for much of this post. Well done James. Enjoy your spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tank park. Enjoy the young one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, he was a much hoped for outcome and is extremely cherished.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing your Cromwell's turning up, nice to see them all together!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - a project from 2016 finally out of the painting queue!

      Delete
  8. Well done James - congratulations all round!

    ReplyDelete