Sunday 28 March 2021

KenR - Challenge Final Post


Another Challenge over, it only seemed like two minutes ago when it started ! But all in all for me a very successful one, I set myself a goal of doing a 28mm Allied Italian Legion for the Punic Wars at the start and barring the desertion of 8 Velites I managed to rock through it with a few days to spare.

But it wasn't all white tunics and shield transfers, by jove no. I managed a bit of fun and games along the way. I had great fun in the top Chamber of the Dungeon with my Bradford City Collection. Sadly I didn't make it to level two as I was focusing on my main personal Challenge of the Legion.

Imagine my surprise when with a few days to go I found myself with one complete Legion only to find I was 18 points short of my target. I quickly grabbed the first thing to hand that was primed and as if by magic a Wars of the Roses unit and Command Base appeared.

Another great challenge done, thanks again Curt for organising and being such a great host. I am sure I will see you all on the tinterwebnet over the coming months somewhere. 

21 comments:

  1. Just brilliant Ken. I enjoyed all your entries, especially watching the MDF bases steadily getting converted to lovely units and your Bradford City entries. Great craft and great fun. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul Ken, I really emjoyed your Punic Wars entries a lot,see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The steady march of your legion was awesome to see. Congratulations on getting them all done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab work Ken! Love the Punic Wars figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Ken. Such an inspiration to see a whole army completed and the other pieces are very fine as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ken, your fine and steady progress on such cool looking legions of toy soldiers is always fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive collection Ken! really well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing stuff Ken, really loved your Legion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid work, especially the relentless march of your allied Legion!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another impressive achievement, Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning stuff as always Ken. Please know that I am already plotting a project wherein I can steal your "look as the empty bases gradually fill up" photo approach...just great.

    ReplyDelete