Saturday 26 January 2019

From MattK: Command for Various Projects (30 points)

Between the awful weather and real life I decided to take it easy this week and clear the desk off to make room for the next project and in the process I finished up some various commanders for some of the projects I've started during the challenge.

First up, as promised two weeks ago, this is the last figure for my Native Caribbean Blood and Plunder Force.
With this last figure, the whole starter box is complete and finally, the Blood and Plunder project will be done for now. We're testing the game out for a planned review for the podcast coming next friday hopefully. I think I like the figures but I am a little on the fence right now after painting however many I've painted. Some of the detail is a little soft and I don't think the bases are going to hold up without chipping but we'll see. I'm looking forward to the game.

Next up is the leader of my Uruk-hai force. I decided to go ahead and paint the white hand on to this guy to make him really stand out as the leader. This is one of the older metal figures I got second hand somewhere along my collecting. Im super amazed at how quick these paint up and I'm looking forward to having a whole little army and not just a skirmish force. 
  
 Finally I have a Goblin Boss on giant Squig and one of the new Endless Spells. The boss was a finecast model and I'm surprised and glad at how nice it turned out despite what I've heard of the material. So far I've only worked with the material once, on the previously entered Mangler Squig.
 
So this week is pretty light. Hopefully I'll have more time next week to pick up the pace. I'm in the awkward stage of trying to decide what to paint next so I've been bouncing between projects a bit. 
5 points for the Uruk and the Native
10 points for the mounted goblin
and whatever you see fit for the Moon spell.

__________________________________________________________________

A goblin lord? I should have expected to find it holding a squig's leash. I recognized it's foul stench as soon as the photo was posted.

I'd like you to join me for a ceremony that will make this award of thirty points official. No Challenger will dare oppose the Millsy's stats wizardry now now. 

8 comments:

  1. Some really nice minis here. I particularly like the urul hai leader and the flesh tone on the native Caribbean is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done, I especially love your work on the Uruk-Hai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely varied entry, the goblin rider is great fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice stuff, your Caribbean native is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice eclectic mix, love the Bad Moon On The Rise...

    ReplyDelete