Sunday 19 February 2023

From StuartL - Go limo, go! - Lady Sarah's Limousine + others (155 points)

Hello all,
I noticed the clock counting down towards the end of the challenge and decided that I had better get my skates on. I only just entered the Blue Section of the Studios last week, and I want to make sure that I have enough time for whatever horro....er I mean blessings the Show Lord bestows upon me for the Directors Chair challenge.

So, to that end, I have a few stops to make this week, and to get me to those stops I need to pay for my Limousine ticket.


To save me repeating myself, ALL of the models in this post are from Reaper's Bones range. They are cheap (when you back a kickstarter anyway), cheerful and fill a few gaps in an RPG collection. This maiden should pay for me to nip over to the Superhero section of the studio lot.


Despite being a big fan of comics and comic based movies, I don't own any real comic book minis. Digging through my stash of figures, I dragged this out. I'm pretty sure that Reaper never advertised it as Hellboy, but with the sawed off horns, big gun and even bigger magic fist thing, the similarities are probably not a coincidence.

Time to dash on though.


Another female model for another journey in the limo. This time the Swords and Sandals section.


Luckily this hydra is made out of the newer Bones material, so it is pretty rigid. If it had been from the 1st wave of minis they did, the heads would have been flopping everywhere.


The central figure is supposed to be Hercules, the others are Spartans or Greeks of some sort, though obviously with a fairly fantastical bent.


The Hydra is pretty large, but it is mainly the base and a long body that makes it up, so I'm going to suggest that it is scored as a 54mm model as opposed to a 28mm scale monster. That plus the three regular minis should be a Squirrel point too.

No time to dilly dally, I have one more post today and I want to pay for my ticket in the limo.


This should clear me for a ride over to the Arthouse stage. It also means that over the past two weeks, I have 5 painted up NPC women, aka 1 Squirrel Point. 


So for the scores.

7x28mm minis = 35 Points
1x54mm mini = 10 Points
2x Studios (Superhero, Sword & Sandals) = 40 Points
3x Limo rides = 60 Points
Total = 145 Points

My Side Duels
Squirrels +2 = 27
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls, Arabs, Space Marines, Kung Fu Chinese, Wolf's Dragoons, Merfolk, Fishmen, Fish, Mummies, Greek Myth, Peasants

Skullz - 200

Turnips - 115 Points

See you all at the Arthouse!

That is a cracking whistle stop tour of the studios. Hellboy is my personal favourite, I love the 1st 2 movies. Top work. The Hydra is too big for a 54mm infantryman so scored it as cavalry

10 comments: