Sunday 19 February 2023

From DallasE: Commissar Snow White and Six Squats (55 points)

Back from a week in Florida and back to the Challenge! Here are some models I've just finished for my "vintage" Warhammer 40K Squat army. If you like, you can read all about the origins of this crazy project here

Anyway even though I painted a Squat Commissar, I felt like a human female commissar would be a great addition to this army, kind of a Disney vibe right?

The model is a 3D print I got off eBay... I really like the "Anneka Sage" model from Victoria Miniatures, as well as the "Severina Raine" GW model, but they are both crazy expensive. Maybe someday.

I also painted six "command-type" Squats for the army - these are (Lto R) Grom Atchison, Vollmer Adams, and Lisle Sterling, all from the ancient GW metal range.

They're Perry sculpts if I recall correctly, and really nicely detailed. I added a moustache to Lisle with greenstuff as I didn't care for the neckbeard look.

The giant power fist and packs are great too.

The other three are Colt Stoner, Roth Bergmann, and Mauser von Dreyse.

Strangely, Roth (centre) had a stud in the middle of his back, like there was supposed to be a backpack there. So I added one from the bits box.

Sooo... I score this as seven 28mm figures (35 points) plus 20 points for a sneaky ride in Lady Sarah's Limo for Commissar White.

Till next time!  

Love these and there is a positive Disney vibe going on here. Great work


13 comments:

  1. What happened to the seventh dwarf?
    It's a fun concept for a small unit. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Dallas. Love the origin story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Dallas and what an excellent Commissar and Squat retinue (though I think you're missing one for the full Disney squad). I hope they preserver against the DeSantis Inquisition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and wonderful miniatures. Very salty dwarves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Dallas - so cool to see some classic OOP metal squats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Dallas! The commissar is fine, but those classic squats are very well done! Painted better than the classic ones in the catalog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quirky dwarves, a very nice commissar and awesome painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the classic squats and their quilted armour. Snow White is a great touch. Can you do an evil queen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments everybody! I have some more Squats to post this weekend... and Barks, great idea, I'll have to figure out which of my armies is the likeliest enemy for the Squats and go from there!

    ReplyDelete