Tuesday 9 January 2024

From SarahHC: Acquisitions Librarian [New Acquisitions](30 Points)

Hello and Happy New Year Everyone!

Although I’ve had a slow start this year, it is terrific to be back in the Challenge 

and I’m excited to be part of the  tremendously talented Team Tuesday!


This years Library Challenge Theme is quite exciting…. I have many great ideas and I hope my burgeoning paint skills are up to the task!


I had hoped to present a couple of figures today, but alas, only one made it to completion. (Three other figures are currently on the painting desk …. So we’ll see how life/work/painting schedules work out for next weeks submission.)



My first Challenge entry is one of Analogueville’s Public Library formidable Front Desk/New Acquisitions Librarians. As one of Senior Librarian Tamsin’s dedicated crew, this blue haired matron is a formidable keeper-of-knowledge. I decided on a white dress as nod  to women’s suffrage movement, ecclesiastical robes, white magick etc., and her blue hair/blue socks as a nod to the Victorian Bluestockings.





This figure is one of many, too many in fact!  that I’ve found as a print from MyMiniFactory (a 3d sculpt from PolyGrim). I am always astonished at the sheer variety of figures so easily available!


Many thanks to our SnowLord for interrupting his own print queue for my own little projects😊


Full disclosure.. Curt did the final touch on her glasses, pinned & based the figure and photographed her. (Way beyond my skill set.)


The Librarian is a New Acquisition, printed just before Christmas, she is a 54mm figure whom I think captures the spirit of this years Challenge. Support your Library!




_______________________________


Points: 10 points for a 54mm Foot figure

Location points: 20 points for Front Desk/New Acquisitions

Total: 30 Points


Thanks everyone for reading my post. I’m looking forward to seeing my fellow Tuesday Tomes’ Editions!


- Sarah



A very valuable and redoubtable addition to the Library Staff indeed, milady! You did a great job on her, I really like the hair colour that certainly puts Mrs. Slocombe to shame. Yes, MyMiniFactory is a sort of Alladin's Cave isn't it? I am sure we are all looking forward to what else you have in store for us! That's 30 points to get you on the road to your target.

21 comments:

  1. Beautifully rendered keeper of knowledge - white is such a hard colour and this white looks great. Support libraries and librarians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she looks great Sarah! My first impression was a grown up Tina from Bob's Burgers! And nice AYBS reference there Mr. Curt! "I am UNANIMOUS in that"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha … Are You Being Served? I haven’t thought of that show in years ….So so bad and so cringe!😬

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. I can imagine her giving an enthusiastic shush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Sarah! White is a colour most of us hate to paint, you've done a wonderful job of it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shading in that white dress Sarah, it looks nice and real, not at all flat -that's a really nice entry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done. I especially like the book, like it just came out of the stacks for the first time in 50 years,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Sarah. The hair is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to have you back, Sarah, but you forgot "Sarah's Choice" label. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely looking librarian, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent paint job. I can feel her disapproval of the noise & hubbub by the front entrance from here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Sarah, what a cool figure to get going with 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing figure - live the hair, it works really well against the other colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. cracking job Sarah on this, all the colors are crisp and smooth, there is so much to like about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, Sarah! Nice to see some 54mm love, too.

    ReplyDelete