Tuesday 9 January 2024

It Is Wednesday Already In "Australia"...I Think?

What time is it, anyway?

Greetings from your bleary-eyed Wednesday Minion. These greetings are being delivered from what the rest of the world would recognize as "Tuesday". But, somehow, in this place called "Australia", which I am assured actually exists in the physical realm and not, as I had previously believed, as some kind of Narnia-adjacent performance art project funded by taxpayers. And one thing I have learned about "Australia" - beyond that it is home to stout, hard-working and fun inhabitants - is that the time zone is always "tomorrow". 

Some hardened veterans of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge are participating from this so-called "Australia". In the hopes of having these folks have the chance to see their posts appear on the Challenge blog during their day, I am aiming my best to publish their posts during the night...so I hope this works...even if it leaves me bleary-eyed...

Tired as I might be, however, I still have time for this important public service reminder - DO NOT SELF-PUBLISH YOUR POSTS. Kindly mark them "Ready", and your dutiful minion will track them down and publish them in due course. Just follow Tamsin P's handy guide. We can all slip up from time to time, but any participants violating these sacred rules will see their posts pulled back, and repeat offenders will be sentenced to making calculations about the correct time in Brisbane and the subsequent insanity such Lovecraftian calculations can invite... 

(and kidding aside, if time-zone issues are causing problems for you, please reach out, and we'll see what we can manage - can't promise fixes for everything, but we want all want participants to enjoy their posts during their "day" if they can)

GregB

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to another day of excellent posts. I have a friend who has escaped to the land down under and I still never know what time it is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time is irrelevant - all you need to know is that the weather is always better! :-)

      Delete
  2. You have two from me due to iPad/pc issues not letting me add pictures to the first for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. On behalf of all "Australians" we thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so permanently perplexed that you temporal shifts have no effect. have a good what ever day this is Greg. FYI if you want to avoid taking the red eye minion trip, Blogger will let you scheduled posts for the middle of the morning for those of us standing on their heads.

    ReplyDelete