My first offering to the challenge are a warband of Celts, 36 all told. This a project that has sat on the sidelines for around six or seven years. My first similarly sized unit worked out fairly well, and it was my first experiment with a "magic dip". However, I found the result to be a little on the light side, so I punched it up for this unit, with mixed results.
As you can see, the darks are a little too dark. Or maybe you can't, due to my IT Ludditism coming to the fore.
Well, I hope you aren't too turned off by my crappy photos, I'll try to do better as we progress.
First, welcome aboard Sean! It's great to have you with us.
Your Celts look great. I like your brief rundown of the three different manufacturers. I particularly like the poses that have the shield arms with grouped javelins in their fists - very dynamic. I have a love/hate relationship with shield decals (see my rant here), but will gladly take them over hand-painting the freakin' things any day. To those that do, I salute you, but you have to have a steady hand to pull it off.
The Corgi repaint turned out really well, Sean. I've used the same Kylon Olive on some of my armour and it works very nicely. Nice work on the decals again - just one of those things that nicely finishes off a vehicle. This reminds me that I need to get a few of these in their early variant for Dieppe...
195 points for you, Sean. A very respectable opening volley!