Wednesday 23 January 2019

From JohnSh - Krautian Line Infantry (100 points)

Continuing on towards my goal of painting my entire Slaughterloo Krautian Divison as part of the AHPC, I present my Line Infantry Kartoffelburg.   

                 
Much like their historical world analogue, the Prussians, Krautians units often represent their home states with slightly different uniforms and weaponry from their fellow Krautians. The Kartoffelburgians are armed with the advanced Dwarven Musket II (a breechloader!) and are considered a hard hitting regular infantry unit.


Legume Salesman Johann Lennon
"Give Peas A Chance"
A diverse crew, these Alternative Armies miniatures were fun to paint. I particularly like the former Marketing Manager for the Krautian Legume Growers Association, Herr Johann Lennon. Who doesn't remember his most famous jingle "Give Peas A Chance"?

These twenty dwarves took me several weeks to paint as I had to go back to work (I know, can you believe it?) and keep shipping out toys to all the desperate gamers out there. I managed to sneak away from our preparation for Cancon (Australia's biggest games convention) to post these picks.

I hope you enjoy this further foray into my Slaughterloo madness. See a few of you at Cancon.

________________________________________________________

John, I should dock you 5 points for that pune or play on words, but I will restrain myself and let that one go through to the keeper! 

Your productivity is commendable, and I heartily approve of these Dwarves. An excellent take on Napoleonics!

That's 100 well-earned points for you, keep 'em coming!

Ev

9 comments:

  1. Great work on thes guys. I must need more coffee, I can’t come up with a Lennon pun right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice,fun, Napoleonic dwarves!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. These have been really whacky entries, very enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work John. To be honest, the Lennon figure looks more like Tom Petty to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes he does look like Tom Petty. really cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, of course, my mistake Curt and Martin. It IS Tomas Pettie, the famous balladeer. I always loved that fantasy epic of his 'Stop Dragon My Heart Around'

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one mate - impressive to see you sacrifice your own hobby time to help others'. You are like a year round Christmas elf!

    ReplyDelete