Wednesday 23 January 2019

From TeemuL: Kill Team Terrain (22 points)

Terrain entry today. I was planning to do some terrain for this Challenge, but not this much at the same time. Unfortunately the weather outside (snowing and way below 0 Celcius) prevents me from priming newly assembled miniatures outside. I have some primed miniatures of course, I did some planning before Challenge, but who wants to paint old miniatures, when there are all those new shiny things? Especially when I'm supposed to do some Squirreling, not just paint the similar stuff all the time. But I did have some terrain primed and I decided to finish them, since it is always nice to finish something and terrain painting is relatively quick. And I'm probably starting an Urban Conquest campaign with a friend of mine soon, with Cityfight you can't have too much terrain anyway...

So here's the lot in all, ruins from the Kill Team starter and some containers, crates and barrels from
Killzone: Sector Munitorum Environment Expansion (the same armored container sprues you get elsewhere as well). I used different colors, partly to make them more interesting and partly to match my existing terrain and the forces that are likely to fight around them.


Here are three ruins, painted black and heavily drybrushed with bright green to pick up the details. With the next set I probably use some metallics to pick up the mechanical and electronic bits, but these look good enough. They match my old ruins from 3rd ed starter.


5 barrels, painted black and drybrushed with grey. Some Ushabti Bone to the skulls and eagles and they were done. Black barrels fit everywhere.


Yellow containers and crates, these have equipments for my Astra Militarum army, which are mostly yellow and red, with some blue details and black guns. Containers are basically just yellow washed with Reikland Flesh Shade and then drybrushed first with Kislev Flesh and very lightly with Ushabti Bone.


Crates are similar, the red was painted before wash and they don't have the lightest highlights, just Reikland Flesh Shade, if I remember correctly.


Finally two more containers, those who remember what I painted last week, might guess who owns them...


Quite wet drybrushing with bright green before Reikland Flesh Shade wash and they were ready. Well, I picked up the lights with purple and control panels with brown, but that's pretty much it. Nothing done after the wash. I really like how the green looks like moss. I was tempted to add some tufts to these, but I didn't have the guts to touch them...


I guess no one really likes to open (or even get close of) these containers... 

When getting all together, they fill quite nicely one Terrain Cube (one container is almost 5" long). Might get bit over from some side, but not much. 20 points, I'd say.
_______________________________________________________

Nice assortment of terrain, Teemu, and yes, it looks like an imperial cubesworth.

That's 20 points plus a couple extra for the weathering on these pieces, very nice work!

Ev

11 comments:

  1. Good LoS blocking terrain there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on these terrain bits and bobs Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking collection of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Open that container - I'll go stand over there in a secure room while you take care of that..."

    Great work Teemu.I'm always impressed when anyone can manage to paint terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting terrain always needs some extra effort from me as well, though it is usually much easier and faster to paint. Just remember to pick up the biggest brush. :)

      Delete
  5. Great looking terrain, Teemu! I really like the big shipping containers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice looking terrain. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice assortment of terrain Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work, terrain is such a chew to sort out, well done.

    ReplyDelete