Wednesday 23 January 2019

From Millsy: Mounted Crusader Bishop and Bodyguard (21 points)

Hi All,

I'm making good progress with the mounted contingent of my new Crusader army. Unfortunately I'm still a way short of finishing the first mounted units, largely because I got sidetracked by this entry - the first of my command stands.

This chap is a mounted Crusader bishop from 1st Corps miniatures, painted up as a Hospitaller order and ably supported by a couple of chaps from Fireforge Games taking a crucifix on a stick for a walk. Not much more to say about this other than I had to force myself to call it finished.

I'll let the pictures do the talking...







Next up (assuming I can maintain my focus!) is a unit of Hospitaller sergeants and a unit of Knights of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Cheers,
Millsy

_______________________________________________________________

IT'S DA BISHOP!!

Lovely bit of work on this, Millsy. Looks like His Grace is a bit of a Church Militant... but as long as he uses only blunt instruments to make his theological points, he's in the clear!

It's vignettes like this that are the icing on the cake of a tabletop force - the basing and sense of movement are top-notch. So that's 5 points for each foot soldier, 10 for the Bish, and another point for the splendidly evocative base.

Now let's take a look at your next entry for the week; we'll just move it away from the Bishop, as I'm not sure sorcery is exactly A1 theory with his lot...

Ev

18 comments:

  1. I love vignettes like this. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely command vignette! Great painting and basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff. Figures are never 'finished', they're 'submitted'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Millsy. Lovely subtle brushwork on the blacks and whites, often the toughest clothes colours to get right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - really like both of these!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool, I am loving this Crusader stuff Millsy. Those guys look super ominous...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is one awesome command stand mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a stunning command stand, Millsy. I quite like the dark metallics of the armour. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice. Excellent work. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful vignette. The bishop model is trylu nice both ths culpting and the paint work you've made on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work again mate. 1st Corps do some great figures and you've more than done them justice. Great little command diorama

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let the pictures do the talking? That is a veritable thunderspeech! Absolutely fantastic work, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome mate. I was looking for some command figures for my Crusaders and I think I have just found one, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fine work here’s Millsy, this man of faith looks mean

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's Beautiful bit of brushwork!

    ReplyDelete