Tuesday 31 December 2019

From PeteF: Heer Goes A Hanomag (25 points)


It’s a very long time since I painted a vehicle – the last one being in the early 1980s. Since I got back into the hobby it’s been mainly Napoleonics, Dark Ages and AWI – so no tanks or half tracks. This Hanomag came with the Blitzkreig Germans starter army and I picked an easy colour scheme for Operation Sealion – German Grey that will provide some camouflage in the British rain.



The half track comes with a gunner and a couple of medium machine guns. I decided to paint the numbers and cross since the decals that came with it were black and wouldn’t stand out very well. Maybe what I really need are some tiny stencils. I Haven’t decided whether the fuel cans (and some other bits and pieces including stahlhelms and a rolled up tarp) should be glued to the side(s).


I’ve only recently started drybrushing stuff and my technique needs some work – but hopefully good enough for the old geezer viewing at 2 foot test. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and it was quicker to paint than I expected. The gunner was painted along with the last group of Heer so he would be ready to take his spot.


One 28mm vehicle and one 28mm foot figure for a total of 25 points - That's 5 submissions for 2019 - not going to keep up this rate after the winter break.




___________________________

Well, I must say this is more than pretty darn good for someone who has been away from model vehicles since the early 80s. Great work, Pete. Your Hanomag certainly looks the business and seems ready to make its victory lap around Paccadilly Circus. 

I look forward to seeing more from this project.

-Curt



9 comments:

  1. Nicely done! That Panzergrau, while probably not overly useful for camouflage, surely makes for a rather teutonic and menacing look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always difficult to get a plain grey vehicle to look good and you've smashed it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking halftrack!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work... and made me think that I need one of those for my Early War German Army projet this year... a visit to my local shop should be planned ASAP

    ReplyDelete