Tuesday 31 December 2019

From MartinC Village of Kujumachi (80 points)

I have built, Ok I have bought and painted, a 28mm Japanese village circa 1601. The village of Kujumachi is in the foothills of Kuju Mountains in Higo Province at the extreme south of Japan. It has recently been given to Kato Kiyomasa as part of the land granted to him by Tokugawa Ieyasu as reward for support in the Battle of Sekigahara.

Blue dot marks the spot

Kiyomasa was a successful general in the Injin War and a fundamentalist Buddhist and hated the Christians that we becoming dominant in the province.

The aim is to fight skirmishes, duels and generally have adventures in this village. I have the advantage that I can keep it laid out for as long as I want


Kujumachi Village - 3ft by 4ft. Village to the left (South) and Farm land and waterwheel to the right


Village


Looking North


Looking South

So that would be loads of points apart from the fact that most of it already existed. I have however built and painted a lot to the buildings in the last couple of days.

Waterwheel mill - Sarissa. Fiddly to built out of mdf but looks really great


the front door


Small farms and animal pens - again Sarissa


some form of shop - from ebay (banksjohnedwars). Really like this guys stuff. Simple but study and very cheap


House - ebay again


Dojo - for all your martial prowess (ebay)


temple cells - Sarissa. roof has warped due to paint. Plan to use as shops


another house - guess from where


another house - sarissa

So that is a lot of houses and they add up to 4 terrain boxes so 80 points.
All I have to do now is paint loads more villagers and animals.

_______________________

Wow, this is absolutely awesome, Martin. I love the whole idea of having a little, fully realised skirmish board ready and waiting in the wings. Can I come over to play? I'll bring some figures, beer and crisps.

The buildings look terrific. That watermill is pretty darn impressive and so are those eBay finds. I have a few Sarissa pieces from this range and can attest to their good quality. I'm also happy to see your village bell nestled in the posh part of town. Now, do you have enough figures to fill all of this? I hope not as I'd like to see more of Kujumachi. 

80 points for you sir. Thanks for sharing this great project. 

-Curt

18 comments:

  1. Cheers Curt, you are more than welcome to come and play, east commute - 3 planes, 1 train and a taxi (there's a film in that somewhere). Loads more samurai to paint - next on the list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot diggity damn Martin that's one awesome looking village! Can't wait to see some more eye-level action shots. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking village! Great skirmish set up!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful village Martin! The water I’ll is my fave, but all of the buildings look great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, should have weathered them more but the Japanese are very house proud

      Delete
  5. Great set of houses, the gaming table is going to look fabolous

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an absolutely awesome entry! I like to mess about building scenery but so rarely get it all out to set up a village/town/city so really good to see it all set up together. The water mill is particularly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work - it all comes together very nicely to create the village and its environs. Well done Martin!

    ReplyDelete