Thursday 26 January 2023

From AndrewB: More 1/600 Pre-Dreadnaughts! (30pts)

More pre-dreadnaughts for the big game I’m putting on in March! This pair of ships were 3D printed, and came out pretty passably.  I’ve been having some slight troubles with a couple of my printers recently, but I’m hoping that’s mainly due to the cold we’re experiencing here in the American Midwest. Without further ado, the pair! 

First up is the American Monitor USS Arkansas, BM-7, which mounts a powerful pair of 12” guns. Not particularly well armored or fast, but those guns are serious business! I’ve painted my American ships in a scheme reminiscent of the Great White Fleet, as they just look really distinct.  


The second ship is a Chinese protected cruiser I found on thingiverse. Being a Chinese ship, it was naturally built in a British yard. Given the British tendency to assume command of any ships in British yards in time of conflict, I’ve painted her in a RN scheme of the era, and decided to name her the HMS Goodenough. She mounts three 8” guns and a variety of smaller armaments, and will operate with another sister vessel(yet to be painted).  


I believe we scored the last 1/600 ship I painted along the lines of Black Seas ships at 15pts apiece, which should net me a lean 30pts for these! More coming soon! Reminder to anyone in the Midwest at the end of March- March to Victory will be in Kansas City, come on out and get a play in with these beauties!  

Also, I’ve remembered my map this time for the challenge!


From TeemuL: Thanks for the weekly ships, Andrew! They look goodenough... :) The Chinese ship is more to my liking, all the colours etc, but I guess if a warship is eye catching, then there is something wrong. They kinda need to look boring and uninterested, right? Nevertheless, good job paiting these ships, Andrew!

9 comments:

  1. Nice ships, pre-dreadnoughts are always great. I like HMS Goodenough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, even if they are among the worst warships of the Victorian age (and that’s saying a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ship, ships, sheep boats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking pair of pre dreadnoughts!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are Superb Andrew, my great white fleet is in the dockyard awaiting paint!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete