Thursday 26 January 2023

From AndrewB: A couple interesting characters! (Swords and Sandals)(32pts)


 A couple extra figures this week that I got fussy and got a little extra on, but that’s alright! First, we have another off-brand Jedi, who we’ll know by his call-sign, Red-Green Leader, from Battle Valor Miniatures! Secondly, we have Hercules, another addition to the cast of characters for my Jason and the Argonauts games, from Footsore. We’ve both got swords, and Hercules is another in a long list of sandal-wearing miniatures for me so far!  Sword and Sandals!

My attempts at a plaid flannel shirt is less than my favorite, but between a Labatt Blue lightsaber, his old-school duck hunter camouflage, and empty beer cans on his base, there’s enough character there for a fun game or ten!  Red Green leader had to take his vehicle down from where he resides, in colder climes approximately 69 beer stores north of Darth Brooks’ place.   



Second comes the truly large Hercules from Footsore!  This guy was a delight to pain, and gets me one step closer to my goal of having Jason and his buddies fighting Aeetes and his skeletons, among others. There’s two swords on his back, but the club is so much cooler!  Bigger than reality for sure, I really enjoyed painting this mythic hero.  

These are both metal figures, which I have really missed painting since I’ve been hammering through so many 3D printed ones   The deep, more pronounced detail is refreshing and easy to paint.  

These fellas should get me to 10 points for the figures and 20 for the studio!  Just wait, more are coming from both of these projects!  With that, my updated map!  

From TeemuL: And a hat-trick by Andrew, last week it was Geoffrey, who will it be next week? As a keen hobbyist I'm interested in the (empty) beer cans at the base of Red-Green Leader. Are they scratch built or something easier and fancier?

Swords, sandals and sand, perfect fit for this location, not too many left. I like the swords, sandals and sand of course, and beer cans, too. The club and the lion-helm. In fact, the lion-helm Hercules looks so big, I'll score him as a 40mm infantry and 7 points.

14 comments:

  1. Interesting couple of models indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff there! Nice work on both the models there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work love the hulking Heracles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pair of figures and Hercules is spot on trend for current Paris fashion too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comedy gold and Hercules is great too ("hey Herc, hey Herc!") Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful looking pair of minis, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember- always keep your stick on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking Andrew, always hard to paint flannel stripes

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete