Monday 13 February 2023

Iain W 28mm Grenadiers a cheval of the Imperial Guard (120 points)

 Twelve more cavalry men of the Imperial Guard.  This time it's the Grenadiers a cheval, the premier heavy cavalry unit, the gods! I got these from Colonel Bill's an online second hand figure shop that is also present at shows, I've bought some lovely gendarmes from them before at Salute,but this was the first time I bought some online. They're venerable Connoisseur figures, proper old school, sold originally as 30mm mounted on Colonel Bill's own brand horses which are nice and chunky, I only got them because I'd seen our own Matts Napoleonic French cavalry over on his blue willow blog and quite fancied them and they've been fun, I had to add an eagle bearer and trumpeter, although they did come with an officer,but you've got to have a flag though right? Once more it comes from GMB and is lovely. 














More Napoleonic French cavalry, I'm trundling along in this challenge as I managed to damage my knee and ankle painting and decorating the hallway and unfortunately the only time for physio is time that I would otherwise be painting so I am somewhat behind but I'll just have to see how it goes, I  have got dark age figures primed but I seem to be addicted to Napoleonics at the moment!
12 x 10 points for 28mm cavalry gives me 120 points to my total 

All the best Iain 

Ouch painting at 1:1 scale sound painful Iain, I suggest that you give that a rest and focus on the small scale stuff.  Loving these Heavies especially as they are the proper old school figures.

But get on to those Dark Age figures will you!



19 comments:

  1. Lovely looking unit of The Gods (I've always loved the tall bearskin sported by both them and the Carabinier's).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, yes definitely a distinctive look to them!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. These Napoleonic minis are great. Well done.
    Hopefully your knee heals in time for you to finish your other minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, yes I hope so, or the physio doesn't take up as much painting time!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Great heavies. The bear skins are boss on these Nappys. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those the old figures produced by Hinchliffe? Great to see those, Iain, the look very impressive. Keep those Napoleonics coming! I do hope for a speedy recovery from your injury though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more on the way, don't worry! Not Hinchcliffe but Connoisseur, now made by Bicorne I'm hoping for speed too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. They are fabulous mate, nothing like the big boots!
    Gosh I sometimes forget what units I paint, that must of been three ago at least.

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, yes it was a while ago but clearly made an impression!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Great figures, its so good to see Napoleonics

    ReplyDelete