Monday 13 February 2023

From PaulSS: A trio of Gaslands Carnage -- 50pts

 

The mojo was low this week, with todays deadline looming all I had added was a shipping container and made a start on the base-coat of a '32 Ford for the Gaslands collection.


Waking up yesterday morning with a head cold did little to boost my enthusiasm, but powered by hot lemon drinks I finished the Ford and then painted a Volkswagen, before, in true Gaslands style "Pushing It" and getting the Bel-Air finished before bedtime.

'32 Ford
A few weeks ago I had been visiting my daughter and her boyfriend who is also into Gaslands and he showed me some 3D prints he had picked up from Etsy. After an order of my own I was soon sticking bits on of my own.


The '32 Ford, has new wheels and hubcap spikes added as well as a door mounted machine-gun, rooftop lighting array and exhaust baffles added, the windscreen cover is made from car body repair mesh.


I painted this in mainly army surplus, US Dark Green, but with a door panels and trunk in white, what does "15137" mean? Who knows!

Baja Bug
The Hot Wheels VW "Baja Bug" really comes out of the packaging ready to play, but I still added new wheels, extended exhaust with spiked baffles and some bolt-on armour to the front.


In this instance the colour is Clear Orange, but with many panels scraped back to rusty steel.


I left the glass in the windows of the Bug, so after finishing the paintwork did those, and the headlamps and roof mounted lighting array in a non-glassy glass technique.

Bel-Air

The final car is a Bel-Air, this one was quite the build, I cut the roof off with my Dremmel and added armoured plates from Wills corrugated iron sheeting, strapped in place with some jewellery chain. The 3D printed parts added a ram at the front, new wheels, air intake, machine-gun and rack of supplies on the back. The windscreen was replaced with car body repair mesh.


I had a go at painting this one with contrast paints and the main colour of the car is Leviadon Blue, although by the time I had done dirtying it up you would hardly tell. 


As I made this a cabriolet, I will need to add a driver at some future point.

The last item is a rusty shipping container I made a start on a few weeks ago when I had over-done it with the US Dark Green when painting the US armour.


We have a 60-can game on Thursday so will use these three to make up my team for the evening.

Three 20mm vehicles and a 5 point claim for the container will add 50 points to my total.

Squirrel Duel Tally: 3 (40K Kroot, Gaslands, WW2 US, WW2 German)

A fine trio of Gaslands wrecks Paul.  I love all the extra details that you put on these vehicles and the battered and chipped paintwork.  The conversion work on the Bel Air is particularly fine.  Good luck dealing with the head cold and hopefully you are fully back up to speed next week.  Oh and give 'em hell on the track this week.

19 comments:

  1. Great set of vehicles, the conversions are very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting work. The weathering is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cars, Paul! Hope you are getting better and good luck with games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, of course the cold got (a bit) better when it was time to go back to work!

      Delete
  4. Great looking motors, nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weathering on those vehicles is superb Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice- great weathering and fun conversions. I like the windscreens.

    ReplyDelete