Monday 13 February 2023

KenR : 28mm Italian Wars Borgia Light Horse (130 pts)

 

Back on track (ish) with my Italian Wars, much like the shot unit which was to fill a hole in a storage box, this unit has been done for the same reason, I have space for 12 Cavalry in my Light Cavalry box.

The unit consists of 12 28mm Perry figures from the Light Cavalry plastic box set and a flag from Petes Flags. At 10 pts a piece that will be another 120 points to get me back on track for 1500 for the Challenge.

The colour scheme is based around this picture, I don't know its origins, I picked it up from my friend Robbie Roddis. I'll do some Heavy Cavalry in the style in due course but I wanted to do a unit to represent the lighter armed squires and the like that would be with the Knight in the lance system. 

Most of my Italian Army are from the house of Borgia so this is a very useful addition to my army, it quite literally fills a hole !

I've got a palette cleanser unit of 10mm on the go at the moment, which I will probably drop in with other 10mm units at some time. Next up for the Italian Wars will be my first Spanish Colunela, its 60 figs so it might be a couple of three weeks work, especially if I keep the, ship a week, going.


Always love to see your Italian Wars stuff Ken and these light horse are no exception.  Love the horses the car taken with the tack and the livery.  That Perry Light Cavalry box is one of their best and you've done an excellent job on these lads.  I am bumping your points up a bit  for the liveries and flags.

25 comments:

  1. Love these colours, and I love this project. Great stuff Ken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, I escaped from the ships for a short while 👍

      Delete
  2. Lovely colourful work Ken. Always great to see you rolling out the Italian Wars units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your Italian Wars stuff Ken!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic looking minis, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous unit, Ken! I really like the colour scheme, and the colourful and elaborate horse tack is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paint and colors there mate. And these are a palette cleanser? Damn.. cant wait to see the rest of your 10mm stuff then! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid Italian wars light cavalry, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid work on those Ken

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great unit Ken, I'm interested to see what you've done with that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, I like the banner!

    ReplyDelete