Monday 13 February 2023

From Matt T - Growing the Horde, [ 85 points ]

This post sees me continuing to progress with my Khwarazmian Army for Basic Impetus. The army list calls for 4 bases of bow armed medium cavalry. 2 bases are slightly better quality and I have chosen to represent these on barded horses. Not sure if it is entirely accurate but it does make them easily distinguished on the table top. 

The minis are from the excellent Aventine Miniatures Sassanids range. They are from the right part of the world, even if they are a bit earlier I am not sure how much the would have changed. Anyway I think they scrub up pretty well, shields are hand painted but the banner is from LBMS






8 x 28mm Mounted Cavalry @ 10 points each = 80 points total.


Wow those are great looking heavy cavalry Matt.  Really like the work on the horse barding and the shields.  

I appear to be giving out extra points like candy today, but you've getting some too.  I need to get the generosity out of my system before I grade Calculus midterms on Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. Fab stuff Matt. Lovely colourful brushwork and great additions to any Aswaran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cavalry ... look like they will be dangerous opponents!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous bunch of horsemen, the barding, shields and armour are very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work. All with the thought to simply f8ll the box,ha. Great stuff. Love the livery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, very colourful and the shields are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work there! Very good job on the shields especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you folks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent looking heavy cavalry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! Aventine Sassanids are my favourite range that I don't have minis from (yet...).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful painting and basing.

    ReplyDelete