Friday 2 February 2018

From VictorC - 1/16 Scale Knight and some 28mm Figures (70 Points)

I've been practicing my painting skills using oil paints on larger figures. So these are my attempts at painting something larger than 10mm and with a completely new medium.  The Knight was bought some years ago at a Oregon Model Show. I finally got up the nerve to paint it.  I have no idea what the points would be for the knight.

28mm figures I'm test painting.







I received this 28mm figure for attending Historicon this past summer.


A Foundry WSS figure.


A Foundry Renaissance figure 


Another Foundry WSS figure






Perry Miniature AWI figures.


The Knight by Miniart. 1/16 scale. 


Size comparison between the 28mm and 1/16 scale 







This kit was a pain to put together but was a joy to paint.  The decals on the shield and tunic were very brittle and torn repeatedly while trying to apply them.  I would not recommend this kit to anyone.

______________________________


Great work on this disparate selection of periods and scales, Victor! 

I think of the selection of 28mm figures, my favourites have to be the AWI infantry, especially that last fellow with his musket tucked under his right arm. The 1:16 scale knight is a tremendous bit of work in its own right. In particular, I think you did an excellent job on the blackened armour and heraldry - wow. I know for myself that I can be a creature of habit, and that it can be quite revealatory when I do manage to try something out of my comfort zone, so good on you for stretching out to experiment with some new scales and paints. 

70 point for your efforts Victor - thanks for sharing these with us. 

__________________________________

9 comments:

  1. Great work on the knight Victor :)

    Is it just me, or is that rider a touch out of scale compared to the horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. If I remember correctly it was something special from Warlord for Historicon last summer.

      Delete
  2. Nice bunch of figures, that's a big old knight!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Victor.

    Oh, I love the 1/16 scale Knight. I wish you would troll us all and insist you'll game with them in that scale, so one of us could caution that "the Knights get too crowded for realistic battles on a 6' x 4' table..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Victor! Bravo to you for tackling something as huge as that knight!!

    ReplyDelete