Friday 2 February 2018

From RayR - This little piggy went to market (27 Points)





I've been wanting to paint these little piggies for a while now, so last week i took the
plunge and put paint to brush. These are a pack from Ristul's Extraordinary Market, sold 
by Bad Squibbo Games in the UK for just £10.50.




The set includes 10 Pigs of various sizes. 1 large, 4 medium & 5 Piglets




Also included are 6 pieces of resin Farmyard terrain. 




I've based all the terrain on various sized MDF bases from Warbases




My fav......rolling in the mud



In reality the pigs are Fantasy based, but I've based the paint scheme on Berkshire pigs. 
one of the oldest breeds in England.




So that's 10 x 25mm Pigs 
& 6 pieces of terrain
I haven't a clue what they're worth.............Curt?


_______________________

Berkshire pigs. A very rare breed of pig originating from, (snaps fingers) you guessed it, Berkshire. Wow, you learn something new everyday. Sometimes whether you want to or not. Nice job on these Ray.  Nonetheless, you realize you can only use these for modern games as Wikipedia tells me that the original Berkshire pig breed was sandy brown. So, no using these oinkers for Donnybrook I'm afraid, unless you want to be terribly embarrassed by the snout-counting, porcine experts in the crowd. 

27 points for you Mr. Rousell.

________________________

14 comments:

  1. Jaja! Excellent entry this week Ray, although I personally prefer pigs reconverted in Serrano ham slices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are black pigs, so Iberico, surely?
      ; )

      Delete
  2. Well...a pig entry! Well done Ray...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always suspected that rolling in the mud was your favourite...oh, you mean your favourite of these piggy figgys is the one rolling in the mud ;)

    Nice porkers Ray :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just say these are nicely painted and refrain from the funny remarks ok Ray? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad someone else is painting pigs, these are lovely, they're very characterful!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pigs! So many dad jokes!

    Well done Ray, they look as happy as pigs in... well, you get the idea.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great Ray and will really add some life to the table!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pigs hey........., it made me laugh. Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Ray! Both pigs and terrain look the part and I‘m sure they’ll come in handy for many a game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crack(l)ing, Ray ;)

    I love the pig rolling in the mud. Every table needs more piggies...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, Ray! Never seen this sort of pig before, but you painted them well and I like the well used look to the farm terrain bits. Looks as though the pigs have checked it throughly for snacks! ;)

    ReplyDelete