Wednesday 6 February 2019

From StuartL - Battletech Tanks (30 points)

For my post this week I have a selection of 10 tanks for Battletech. A friend of mine was really into the game way back when and convinced me to buy into it as well. Being the dutiful friend (and a compulsive purchaser of new minis), I ordered up a dozen mechs and some tanks for support. 
While the mechs got built and painted, the tanks languished in my to do pile for years. This challenge seemed like a good time to get them done and put away. Dusting off my old mechs I tried to match the paint scheme as best I could. The old figures had been done with GW's old paints which are no longer in production, and I had long since switched mainly to Vallejo anyway.
I have no idea what these tanks are even called, and frankly most of them look ridiculous in terms of battlefield design. Still, they are quirky and had a lot of detail on them which was fun to paint up.
Sadly my friend who got me into the game moved away, so these are likely just going to go back into a box somewhere.
I think Battletech is supposed to be 6mm scale, but these vehicles are all pretty chunky. They are on 30mm scale hex bases, with several of the larger models hanging over both ends of it. To aid in determining points, Lt. Howe Hygh of the Royal Engineers volunteered to assist (He is a 28mm scale Bolt Action figure and is not part of the challenge).

So, I shall leave it up to my ever resourceful minion to determine the points merited for these machines of mech mayhem. Hopefully I shall have enough for a squirrel point too, but we shall see.

________________________________________________________________

"Battletech Tanks, for when three shot traps per vehicle just aren't enough."

Nice work on these chunky behemoths, Stuart - in view of their unusual size, I'll score them as 10mm vehicles. 

Note that this generosity is purely arbitrary and may be replaced in the mere blinking of an eye by some utter bastardry, so beware my mood swings!

MWAHAHAHA!!!

Ev

9 comments:

  1. Nice work Stuart. That last photo had me wondering if these were some sort of weird inter-war Carden Lloyd tankette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Shot traps' indeed! Those are some funky looking armoured vehicles. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tanks. Never seen these before so thanks for showing them. They painted up nicely. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work Stuart. Always nice to get something that has been lingering for a long time on the painting table cleared off (and I make no judgements...I have many things in similar states)...well done!

    ReplyDelete