Saturday 31 December 2022

From MartinC Colonial Marines (SciFi Studio) (70pts) (READY)

Starting to get into the swing of it now. These Copplestone Colonial Marine jobs in jungle gear were part of a mystery box (love mystery boxes and lucky bags). The selection was great with 10 blister packs and other bits for £40 (basically <1/2 price). Only 1 blister was not obviously useable - 28mm 7YW Austrians - which is ironic I have tonnes10mm 7YW.

So I got 2 boxes of these to give a 10 man squard. As always they are excellent figures - love Copplestone, in fact Northstar are my favourite manufacturer. Other manufacturers have better figs but Northstar are a style that appeals to me - great gaming figs.

They are a rough tough bunch

Gave them a 2 tone green uniform, these are jungle fighters not parading cockrels. The guy with the notepad will control a drone used for targeting artillery and drones





Overall these are fine, not my best work, but then again most of the painting so far has been a palette cleanser. Now I'm off to paint the rest of my 10mm ImagiNation 7YW Scots army

Scores on the doors 

10x28mm infantry = 50pts
Sci Fi studio bonus = 20pts

total = 70pts

___________________________________

You did well on this mystery box, Martin! I love Copplestone figures. They are great sculpts, with just enough detail and so great to paint. Great job for 'a palette cleanser'! I look forward to seeing your ImagiNation and Scots.

- Curt

14 comments:

  1. Nice figures Martin. Looking forward to yourLace Wars stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid little squad, Martin! The do look to be wonderful figures, so grand luck in the mystery pack! I like the tone of the uniforms matching the basing, true camouflage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Martin. I really enjoy the jungle grunts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very nice figures, I like thr Copplestone 10mm too. You did a fine job with these, looking forward to your Imagination figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Aliens, looking good!

    ReplyDelete