Sunday 24 March 2024

From Codsticker: Time Well Wasted

 I hesitate to call this 'another successful' AHPC for me as, for the second season in a row, I missed my target. However, it was a another really enjoyable challenge even though I didn't get quite as many minis painted as I had hoped. My goal was to get through all of my Bloody Miniatures backlog, which I nearly did. At this point just one pack of infantry (The Ragged Trained Band) is not quite finished; however, I never got to even priming the 12 cavalry figures. 



One of my favourite aspects of the hobby is the 'moving diorama' nature of the war game. I love looking at table tops that are as wonderful to view as the minis on it. That is the perspective I took when photographing my figures for The Challenge; I wanted to take photos of them in the setting in which they will be used. As my daughter moved out permanently (so I am told...) in August her room has become both a miniature photography studio and hobby store room. She would be appalled.



Thanks to Curt, Sarah, and all the Minions, especially Kyle who was my Sunday minion. I am already thinking about next year and look forward to seeing everyone's hobby endeavours next winter.









16 comments:

  1. Indeed your pictures were very nicely set up , and showed off your painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cod Man! Great looking models there and I LOVE your photos and photo setup, they really bring something extra to your presentation. Do I recognize a Barrage Miniatures teddy-bear-fur gaming mat there? If so I have the very same one and use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you you Dallas. Actually, that is an old GW mat that I tarted up with a bit of spray paint and some static grass (most of which has come off in the last few years).

      Delete
  3. Great wrap-up Rob! I really enjoyed your Bloody Miniatures submissions. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not have reached your target, but I really enjoyed seeing your ECW figures. Nice work Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Bloody Miniatures were gorgeous, and the photography was inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful figures great painting, even though you didn't reach your target man did you put up some great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good bunch of colourful and well painted minis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Rob, and was a pleasure to Minion for you on the Sundays. Loved seeing your posts each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not reached my target neither, but the most important goal is to have a good time and share your creations with this lovely community. Great painting work in any case

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the setup you have there. Some great painting on the models too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the orcs but loved the Bloody Miniatures. Your fotos really bring them out. Great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the ECW miniatures and your work on them. Nice setup for pictures too. My photography area was temporary unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work and posts really pushed me to Bloody Miniatures. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though, like me, you've, missed your target you have painted some beautiful figures! Quality over quantity eh? See you in december!

    ReplyDelete