Saturday 23 March 2024

from Ray R - Challenge Wrap up

 


Hello everyone

Well that went quick, didn't it?
Can't believe the Challenge is over for another year.
I'm already thinking about, what I can get ready for December and Challenge 15????

Thanks got to Curt & Sarah for all their hard work setting up and throughout the Challenge. Thanks to my Minion Teemu, and to all the other Minion's, I know how much time it took out of my painting schedule, when I was a minion!! Lastly a big thanks you to all you other Challengers who all help to make this Challenge what it is today. Especially those who found the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate the encouragement.


Austrian Lothrengin Infantry & Bavarian Arco Horse


Ottoman Infantry, El Cid statue, St Dominic fountain, Highland Cattle, Star Wars AT AT's


Haitian Revolution Infantry and Cavalry

This year 25/28mm figures were dominate. I painted up...
127 x 25mm infantry figures
20 x 25mm Cavalry figures

The rest were various scales
2 x 1/1200 scale ships
1 x 54mm figure
3 x 2/6mm figures

In total 153 figures.

I always try and aim for a top 30 finish and top 10 finish would be preferred, but I'd have had to paint up another 600 points worth for 10th place, so was not achievable. I'd like to think my illness played a big part in that, but I'm not convinced that I could have painted up another 600 points worth of figures, if I had another month to paint!!!

Here's my performance so far in all the Challenges

Challenge II 4940 points 1st
Challenge III 2586 points 4th
Challenge IV 1227 points 17th
Challenge V 691 points 37th
Challenge VI 681 points 36th
Challenge VII 1093 points 24th
Challenge VIII 662 points 40th
Challenge IX 2274 points 8th
Challenge X 1687 points 11th
Challenge XI 2260 points 8th
Challenge XII 2168 points 7th
Challenge XIII 1111 points 27th
Challenge XIV 1160 points 25th

36 comments:

  1. Great job, Ray, but do I really need to use my Minion powers to resizd your photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know what you mean, Teemu???

      Delete
    2. They look good now, I don't know who resized them. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice variety to your challenge output this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge Ray. I think retirement is the only way to get more painting time in! See you at Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Ray. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Ray. I always loved your 17th century entries and your Haitian Napoleonics. You've been one of the Challenge's most consistent participants - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Curt, lovin every minute of it.

      Delete
  6. Super output - squirrelsome too. Love the record of challenges past - did you have to keep this record yourself or is there a Challenge Data Repository somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did keep a record, but asked Miles, the keeper of all that is good, for his records on my input. It's nice knowing what you've got to beat, each year.

      Delete
    2. Challenge 2 - The Sandbag year!

      Delete
  7. nice variety Ray - never seen Haitian's in paint before so thats a first, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoyed your posts as the figures were so far out of where I would even think to game, I wish you the best and that your health improves my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kent. I do like the not so normal periods!

      Delete
  9. Great job, and as Curt says, a consistent participant to the challenge. Though I suspects more sandbagging from you like years gone past... something to plan for next year perhaps? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you around, you are such a familiar face in the Challenge! Hope your health improves during the year and next Challenge you top the points list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great variety Ray; and I have really enjoyed your Haitian project since joining The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great output Ray! I loved your Haitian and Donnybrook figures, and your cheery posts. See you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Ray. Great to view and engage with you again. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fine record, and well done again this year Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impressive, most impressive Rousell! Hope to see you again in december!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an impressive lifetime body of work.

    ReplyDelete