Friday 14 January 2022

From JohnE - 28mm Second World War Vehicles - 42 Points

As primarily a Second World War gamer, the bulk of my "pile o' shame" consists of vehicles - lots and lots of vehicles. In an attempt to motivate myself and ostensibly others in 2020, I created the #vehicluary hashtag on Twitter (feel free to liberally sprinkle groans, boos and thumbs down) with the idea of devoting all of January hobby time to vehicles. As one might suspect, it got zero traction.

However, being a stubborn git, I rebranded it in 2021 as #danktankuary (feel free to liberally sprinkle praise, cheers and thumbs up). "This is it!" I thought - one of the greatest hobby hashtags of all time. Viral in no time.

Alas, again, I rolled a zero BUT I am continuing this year with DANKTANKUARY (see "stubborn git"). Here are my first "Dank Tanks" for this year.


Here's a French AMC-35 from Shapeways. This was sprayed with the MIG French Armor Colors. Not the greatest print, but on the table it looks ok.











Next is a Warlord Jagdpanzer IV, sprayed with AK Real Colors and foliaged up with Green Stuff World Tall Shubbery. This was my first time using these AK acrylic lacquers and, apart from the odor, they were a complete delight to airbrush.









Points Summary:

2x 28mm vehicle @ 20 points = 40 points

Total = 40 points

From DaveD
Now that's a fine pair. The AK products are good to use i agree and you've got a great result. Love the camo and foliage too  - which handily I have a pack of and will nick that idea! I will give you 2 points for tank commander too. 

18 comments:

  1. Very well done John! Love the camo on both. The surface on that Shapeways print looks nothing like what I‘m used to from either a FDM or a Resin printer. Kinda rough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nive work - love those French colours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work, those colours look so realistic! Inspring for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice color choices, neatly painted. I hope you pile of vehicles grows thin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work John, especially like how the JagdPanzer came out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these AFVs from opposite ends of the war, hopefully you’ll get more out of the pile of shame as this is wonderful work. We can provide public humiliation if that helps getting things moving.

    Really like the camo paint on the French tank and shrubbery on the German.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, especially the foliage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw on Twitter first and I was impresed. The foliage is to notch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific work John. I always love me a weird French tank, and addition of the foliage really finishes off that JagdPanzer IV nicely. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice John - love the foliage encrusted Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Top job John, great looking camo on both vehicles

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff, that foliage is the bees’ knees!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work John, I love that Jagpanzer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The addition of the foliage is really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete