Monday 19 February 2024

From TeemuL: Undead Cavalry (40 points)

No Library topics this week, but I managed to empty one miniature box again, hurah!


These are Death Knights for the RuneWars miniature game. The game itself is (close to) dead now, born in the aftermath of Old World collapsing, but minis are still available here and there, often in discount. I bought the starter box some years ago with my friend to see how it works. We played two games and decided, that the game is ok, we ordered more minis, split the starter and started painting minis. I think it was 2021 and the third game is still in the future... Anyway, with these I have managed to paint all of my Undead minis for the game, so the excuses are few now.


The colour choices are the same as the other units, bright blue rags and purple/violet/pink shields and protective plates. And these being knight, lots of metal and some bone colour here and there. I painted the horses yellow, because why not? These are skeleton warriors from a fantasy world, so I don't have to worry about how the horses look in the real world. And I think yellow horse is not that far away from the reality anyway. Naturally blue and yellow work well together, so no issue with that, either.


I used Citadel Contrasts for the most part except Citadel metallic paint for the metal parts. Quite quick and easy, especially when I'm not aiming for the perfect neatness with this army - originally I opted to go with Contrasts, because I wanted quick results so I could game more and not worry about every mistake. The base is Agrellan Badlands, drybrushed with bone colour.


I should have fixed the base edges, but I do that next... The minis are soft boardgame plastic and I have often had difficulties to paint them, because the paint doesn't stick to them, but I had no issues with these.


The fourth emptied box, this one quite large, so good progress. I guess I should be painting the Space Marine Heroes boxes if I really want a good finished miniature vs box size ratio.

These are 28mm cavalry models, so four of them should give me 40 points. There are 5 skulls per model, their head, weapons and breast plate of the horse, so 20 skulls in total.

Rather small entry, but I'm writing this on Friday, because I'll be travelling the next seven days. Thus the entry of next Monday will be quite small, too...


These are very nice indeed, Teemu! I agree that the colours work very well together, and the yellow horses are a nice if somewhat unusual touch. But, hey, they are undead, who knows what happened, right? Good to hear that you have emptied yet another box! I don't know the game, but it sounds you are ready for your next one. Well done! Have a safe journey, and that's 40 more points in the bag.

Martijn

26 comments:

  1. Great work Teemu. Love the bright colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent box clearing Teemu. The colors really make the figures pop. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the dull base and bright minis work together.

      Delete
  3. Very colourful, nicely done. Great to see the pile decreasing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Games disappear quickly these days. But these excellent knights look ready for your next game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Or they get the second edition. :) And knights are ready.

      Delete
  5. Love the bright colours you've used. A nice change for undead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So now we know what zombie horses look like! They must have been some massive dray horses when alive. Nice work Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, all non-yellow zombie horses will be incorrect from now on. :)

      Delete
  7. Horses with jaundice - the reason they ended up being undead- nice work Teemu

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to give RuneWars a go some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ok game, not just a Warhammer clone. Activation order was interesting, but I have forgotten the details.

      Delete
  9. While I am unfamiliar with runewars you have painted these up brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent undead Knights!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Teemu, that colour combo does work well on them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is basically primary colours, so it should work. :)

      Delete
  12. Great work Teemu, never seen those figures before

    ReplyDelete