Monday 19 February 2024

From Mike W: 28mm Marian Wars figure, Tau Ge'Vesa [Lady Sarah's Library Cart, Biography] (52 Points)

 Real life has intervened this week, impacting my painting prodction line, resulting in me travelling for three days this week, leaving me with little time to paint and prepare this post.

Hopefully this means a bumper post next week as I get the backlog cleared but as a stop gap gere are a couple of figres that I have painted, photographed and written up for this post.

So first off this week, I submit a new female Tau, Ge'Vesa. She is a scout, armed with a Longshot Pulse Rifle and holding a device to enable her to control Drones on the battlefield. This figure is based upon a Wargames Atlantic 'Eisenkern Stormtroopers', with GW Tau weapons, comms device and arm pad added.

Female Tau Gue'Vesa with Longshot Pulse Rifle and hand held Drone Controller

Painted as per all the others in my rapidly expanding Tau Army.


Another view!

Lady Sarah's Trolley will transport me to the Biography section within the lilbrary and here we find a figure from the Elizabethan age - namely John de Quitfurd & Milntoun, a distant ancester of mine who participated in the Marrian Wars, siding against Mary Queen of Scots.

John de Quitfurd & Milntoun, he died in 1579

The figure shows John standing with his banner, waving his sword in the air to encourage his men! He is wearing plate armour, painted GW leadbelcher with an Army Painter watered down dark wash, the armour is highlighted with a bright silver.

The standard is based upon the Whitefoord coat of arms,
three diagonal black stripes with bushels of wheat on the wider, central stripe

Next week, not ready to be published this week is a return to some 28mm Medjai, last seen by myself in the AHPC XII Challenge - these will go in the DIY section of the library. Additionally there will be some more Tau, 10mm Scots at Flodden and maybe some Lizardmen....

Points

1 x 28mm Scots Noble                       5 Points

 1 x Tau Figures @ 5 Pts ea      10  Points

Lady Sarah's Bonus                            20 Points

Biography Famous Person Bonus     20 Points

TOTAL                                                55  50 Points


Great work, Mike! Your T'au lady looks very impressive, I like the white and orange uniform. And the story about your famous ancestor is great too! A very personal addition to the Biography section (although I would have loved to learn more about him!) and that is fine. Also, your Ge'Vesa grants you a ride an Lady Sarah's cart. However, unless I am very much mistaken, there is only a single T'au figure, so the total comes to 50 very efficient points. I will throw in a couple of points for the nice hand-painted banner though. I am looking forward to the promised points bomb next week, and perhaps you can provide an updated map then as well!

Martijn


12 comments:

  1. Apologies Martijn for getting the number fo Tau wrong in this post, at the last minute I decided to hold one back until next week and I forgot to update the points totals! Well spotted and thanks for keeping me honest....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work here Mike, love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the tau and excellent banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Mike! I really like John and his family association to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Mike, the Tau colour combination is eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking Tau and excellent Renaissance Knight!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Mike, I really should get back to my own T'au

    ReplyDelete