Monday 18 February 2019

From SamuliS: Big Guys (30 points)

I'm back with another small entry for the Chaos Pact. Not much going on painting wise lately and I'm actually writing this entry from a hotel room as well! Just managed to take pictures before the trip when I finished them last week, but didn't have the time to do more than upload them ready for some better time to actually write up the blog post.

It's been a busy few weeks with a lot of business travel that will also continue through the next week as well. Still it's not all doom and gloom as I did manage to sneak some hobby stuff into the schedule by staying the weekend in Hamburg and visiting Tactica after having meetings close by on the previous weeks! An amazing show with plenty to see. The level of tables and miniatures on show was extremely good and it was definitely worth staying here for the weekend instead of making a short trip back home before more travel.

Then on to the entry itself! This time the three big positionals that really define the Chaos Pact team. Outside of the amazing skill access of the Marauders the big draw of the team is the ability to take up to three varied big guys or just a couple of them to suit your play style best! I'll probably be running just the Minotaur and the Ogre, but better paint them all to allow for variety.


I wanted to go a bit more unusual route for the minotaur instead of sticking to the dark browns that seem to be the most popular colour choices on them. I figured white would add some nice contrast to the team and make him pop (and become an even clearer target) on the field. He's actually more of a very light cream colour instead of white, but taking photos which actually show the colour proved to be a massive pain.


Then it's time for more silence from me again. Next week will be fully spent on travel so no painting time until the last few days of the month. I'm really lagging behind my target, but I'll have to try think of something fast to paint to make up the lost painting time ;)

Absolutely gorgeous work on those flesh tones! I really like the pale minotaur, it was the dark troll that I found unconventional. The pink is a dramatic and well-executed colour. May I recommend taking all three Big Guys, as it is such an imposing front line that will unnerve most opponents!

I'm scoring these as 54mm, giving you 30 points.

Barks

8 comments:

  1. These are real cool. I could see uses for these in Fantasy armies. Really nice painting. The pale bullman is an excellent clour choice. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are impressive. The minotaur is favourite, but the others are close behind. Lovely, clean, dramatic painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking big guys! I thought the minotour was a keeper of secrets to start with!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely brushwork as usual Samuli. What brutes! I have to say my favourite is that albino minotaur. Awesome. Also, quite jealous of you taking in Tactica. That is one show I'd love to witness. It'll happen someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very imposing looking trio. Great work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like you wouldn’t want to cross ways with these brutes... despite their obvious love for pink. Or maybe just because of it 🤔
    Great brushmanship definitely.

    ReplyDelete