Monday 18 February 2019

From JohnM: Carnevale Rashaar (37 points)

Two submissions in 2 weeks, I am on a roll!

Here is the second faction, I recieved from the Carnevale Kickstarter. These are the Rashaar, a ancient and subterranean race that inhabit the canals of Venice. These, like the Strigoi, are the antagonists in the game. I actually enjoyed painting them as I was able to try some new techniques. The Stats for these characters can be found here.
The Magi-Rashaar
One of the leaders of the Cult
Human Slaves of the Cult
I snapped the feet off the woman slave, so I changed the base slightly to make it look as is she was rising from the canals of Venice. Not sure how successful, I have been.
The Raadru with 2 lesser Ugdru
I tried the Zenithal Priming technique. I used an airbrush to prime black, overspraying with gray and then white. This was followed by Citadel Glazes and Washes. I liked how it worked. 
Barks asked in the comments in my last post, what I was planing to do in respect to the Venice Terrain. The kickstarter came with mutiple mdf piers and buildings. I was hoping to get to it for this Challenge, but I do not believe I will have the time. TTCombat does a nice series of videos explaining this. It does look like a great project, but I need someone to mitre cut the 3x3' base and have just not got around to it.

I am hoping to get another faction done for next Monday but we will have to see.

Thanks for the explanation of the scenery! It will look good. I'm glad to see you've been able to persist with this project. I appreciate the 'save' of the broken slave figure- nicely done! The zenithal priming has really paid off for those monsters, they have an eldritch luminescence.

Barks

9 comments:

  1. Great looking creatures and smart move on the broken figure,it works really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting minatures John they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on some (at least to my eyes) unusual miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some striking results John, great work - they look outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That zenithal priming technique really works. Those green figures are at once both attractive and ugly. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love the quasi-Deep One creatures. Great airbrush work John. I may have to pick those minis up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The minis all look good, but the last group of green beasties is my favourite. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff. I especially like the green dudes. They look awesome!
    Nice save on the feet accident. Looks great to me. Cheers

    ReplyDelete