Monday 2 March 2020

From DarrelH: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Interior Buildings I (20 Points)


Due to having to the time constraints of having take extra care of the "oldies" in the family the Shrewsbury game has been cancelled for Partizan in May this year. Instead it will be featured at Partizan II on October 11th later in the year.

Anyway, I have found time to continue work on painting some of the buildings that will act as either the suburbs of Shrewsbury or stand stand inside the Motte and Bailey.


This building was scratch built by me many a moon ago and a resin castings were made that was made by Stronghold Miniatures with the agreement that for a number of castings I would agree for the model to become part of their catalogue which I was more than happy to do. To be honest I am not even sure if they are still in business. I've still got half a dozen resin castings that need to be painted.

I have included a pic of the painted scratch built model as well but please be aware that this is only for a comparison shot; I'm not after extra points :>)


The Resin Casting:




Resin Interior:



Scratch Built Interior:



____________________________________

Wow, Darrell, this is very impressive. Having your building 'master' made into resin copies is such a great (and enviable) approach to doing a large town setup like Shrewsbury. The structure looks great and has wonderful texture to it, which I think would be excellent for mass assembly and quick drybrushing. 

This looks to be around a 6 x 6 structure, so let's go with 20 points.

Well done Darrell, and good luck with your upcoming medieval urban planning project for Partizan II.

Curt

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Tamsin.

      DA buildings are not the most interesting of terrain items to view :>)

      Delete
  2. Super looking dark age building!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s great that model was made into a cast. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I've had a bit of a (nicked) brainwave about what to do with some of the other castings. all hush hush :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Originally scratch build by me then cast in resin :)

      Delete