Tuesday 23 January 2024

From JP - The Death Dealer a homage to Frazetta (10 points)

An enduring image in my mind has been the artwork of Frank Frazetta, which adorned the covers of so many fantasy tomes when I was young. Of course, the one that stuck the most was the iconic Death Dealer:

A few years ago, Northumbrian Tin Soldiers ran a Kickstarter of Angry Gnomes. The firm does some great whimsical figs - check them out if you enjoy humor on your painting table. Anyways, they introduced a set of jousting gnomes on toads, but then added one more mounted figure...






How could I resist... More and more I enjoy painting little vignettes that will never be used in a game, but which are fun and full of meaning for me.

Mounted 28mm figure  10 points.

From Millsy: Absolutely brilliant! I'm a big fan of the work of Frank Frazetta and to see his work reimagined like this is hilarious. I wonder if he's aware? Super brushwork JP and another 10 points for your tally mate.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice miniature and you have done great brushwork on it, JP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnomes of toads, sounds like a good source of protein. Love the sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff JP, the Frazetta picture from books and posters has always caught the eye of gamers old and young. I remember it well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death Gnome on frog. That is great homage and a fantastic paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Love the baleful eyes of the Toad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious stuff, and great brushwork JP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully expressive eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frogtastic, I'm really glad I checked in toaday

    ReplyDelete