Tuesday 23 January 2024

From ByronM - More Rooty Goodness [50 Points]

This past week progress has been slow with painting as I have gotten a little sidetracked with finishing my new shop build to house Northern Lights Terrain.  However, I did have time to finish up two more units for my Turnip28 force, the Rabid Radishes. 


First up are a unit of Brutes, these are made up of the melee oriented malcontents of the Radishes, including one midget who has convinced one of the larger lads to carry him around while brandishing his diminutive rifle.


These models are all 3D printed, and had to be scaled down a bit or they towered over the rest of the force.  In the end they could have been a slightly bit bigger to match their name as brutes, but I didn't like the idea of them towering over everyone else.


I kept with a basic paint scheme of red and white to match their holy root vegetable of choice.

Next up is a Stump Gun and crew, made up literally from a stump...  What could go wrong when firing a cannon ball out of a wood stump??  At least they made a metal barrel to improve their inaccuracy, but I have visions of misfires and explosions dancing in my head as the back end inevitably blows off backwards taking the crew with it.  Only time will tell if my vision is accurate (but with the way this 
game is played, it probably is!!).


I again kept with a simple red based theme to the uniform, and a grimy look to the gun, as it has been well used.


Overall this should count for 8x 28mm men plus the cannon at 5 points each for a total of 45 points. Not a huge haul, but a few more units off my painting table. 


We seem to have remarkably less of a root infestation than during the last Challenge, but I am very glad that you keep holding up the flag here, Byron! Some gorgeous models and some lovely painting too. The brutes are truly great, but I really like the gun and its crew with their impressive bearskins. And nice to see them wearing red for a change! I'm sure they will be absolutely fine firing their infernal implement, wreaking havoc among the ranks. Those of the enemy, preferably. Now I admire your modesty, but the gun does count as a gun or crew served weapon, so that's 10 points. 50 points added to your tally.


14 comments:

  1. Love these hilarious guys Byron, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funky! You must have a blast painting such crazy miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on these Byron, even if Turnip28 does drive me nuts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas, but why does it drive you nuts? Is it not pretty much the grim dark applied to Napoleonic warfare, in the same way that the grim dark was applied to WW2 to create Warhammer 40,000?? To me it's the same early 40k aesthetic applied to a different historical period. plus the game has some very cool rules that make it fun (much like early 40k).

      Delete
  4. Great looking Brutes and Artillery, Byron! I particularly like the stump gun and the bearskins on the gunners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, hopefully I will have a few more units done by the next time we meet up and we can get some games in.

      Delete
  5. Great work, Byron! I guess the stump gun holds, it is well used and never blew up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully I don't have a 3d printer or I would definitely be sucked into the weirdness that is Turnip28. Great work on these units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can help corrupt you, I do 3d printing for people :-)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant - you'll be in trouble with the vegetarians though for those bearskins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Like anyone cares what a vegetarian thinks!!!

      Delete
  8. Well done! I must now paint up some mud slogging foes for the Rabid Radishes to fight!

    ReplyDelete