Monday 8 January 2024

From PeterB - Napoleonic Spanish - Overdues and Returns - 60pts

 After my first two visits to New Acquisitions and History, next stop Overdues and Returns. Let me fill you in,

I attended Salute a couple of years ago with my Brother In Law (or as he is known on my blog, the Distinguished Opponent.) and we both bought copies of The Silver Bayonet. We agreed to paint up some models and at some point have a game. Not a big ask for a small skirmish game, half a dozen models? Easy peasy. I already had some suitable models already as I have an extensive British force. I could easily use some riflemen and redcoats. Instead I decided I wanted some Spanish Guerilla. An order to Perry Miniatures for some suitable models and a quick paint job right?

Well, that paint job has been long overdue. I have now painted them this week and here they are. 



They are a rag tag bunch, wearing a mixture of stolen uniforms and civilian clothing. This gives me an excuse to paint them all differently, so I can identify them easily in game. 




They are going to be regular gaming pieces (eventually) so they all have a finish of Coat D'arms dark brown super shade. This gives them a tough finish and also does a magic shading finish.



Points wise, 8 times 28mm, 40 points and 20 points for the location,

Sylvain: A very promising project. The miniatures you have gathered so far look very cool, very historical and very "latin" all at the same time. I'm sure you will have a great game with your brother-in-law. Merveilleux projet!

If you could provide a map of the Analogueville Library showing your progress, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!


29 comments:

  1. Great painting work of my ancestors ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sure they all fought bravely.

      Delete
  2. Great looking minis and paint job, I think we all do this with great intentions, now that they are painted they will be needing an outing on the gaming table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to persuade the Distinguished Opponent to finish his painting now!

      Delete
  3. These Napoleonic adventurers look fabulous, Peter. I love the Spanish chaps with the battered, droopy bicornes. Best luck in your games with the Distinguished Opponent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt. Luckily my Opponent has notoriously bad luck with dice rolling, so hopefully I will do well.

      Delete
  4. Very nice group! I have a British group for Silver Bayonet, but not a game yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Teemu, well if you ever visit the British Isles I will definitely be up for a game.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. A lot of credit goes to the Perry brothers I am sure.

      Delete
  6. Nice looking irregulars, they should be easy to identify on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a lot easier to spot than riflemen anyway.

      Delete
  7. Lovely work! That's a great background too, very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Millsy. It's from the John Hodgson backdrop book. Available from all good online bookshops or Bad Squiddo games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. some very cool and colourful figures Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post - I also have Silver Bayonet rules but not yet played a game yet. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Well, it's on the to do list. Hopefully before the year is out we will get a game in.

      Delete
  11. A rough looking bunch of lads, wouldn't want to meet them on a dark night !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not, I am imagining them appearing out the bushes, ambushing anyone regardless of what uniform they are wearing!

      Delete
  12. Nice work, the differing colours make them look suitably ragtag

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ragtag assortment of poses was a great idea for a guerilla force and no don't a lot more fun to paint. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking Spanish scoundrels Peter. We are attempting to find time to kick off a Silver Bayonet session as well soon. These should prod your worthy opponent into brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And very nice they all look too Peter. I do like the last figure, the one loading his gun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Peter, and very nice photographic setting too!

    ReplyDelete