Monday 8 January 2024

From SanderS: A Mordheim Tale (55 points)

 Hoi there,


So after bragging I will be doing lot's of GW stuff this Challenge and mostly Old World stuff, I have to put my money where my mouths is don't I? Mordheim has been a favourite of mine for a long time but just like with the Bretonnians, I had a limited budget back in the day so couldn't buy what I liked. In recent years that has changed and I have been keenly collecting stuff for Mordheim games and with a burgeoning club in my direct region with a lot of people wanting to play Mordheim I decided it's time to get cracking.

Today's post brings you my Witchhunter band, I have quite a lot of bands at the moment but this one I wanted to try out on the table a lot.

There's 4 characters with the Captain Ernest Pügelmann leading them.





Two more witchhunters to get at the heretics and witches for real.







Last of the heroes is the Warrior Priest, this is actually the Warhammer Quest model




To complement the heroes I have two groups of henchmen; one of Flagelants and one of Zealots. Both are not beefed out yet and I want some warhounds too but have only played one game to date, so I need to earn some more goldcoins in order to get reinforcements.

Zealots:




Flagelants:



Last Friday we played a 3 player Christmas game from the excellent fan made Yuleheim supplement, for this I printed 3 Christmas trees and converted them (I will take pictures for a later post) 




As these are Oldhammer figures I will also enter these in the Oldhammer Side Duel and since there are 11 figures, I will enter them for 55 points. 

Cheers Sander

Sylvain: This whole post oozes passion for Mordheim and it makes for a pleasant read. I love the characterful miniatures and how you personalized each of them with vibrant colors. These new addition will hopefully prolong the social pleasure of gaming with your newfound club. C'est exquis!

 

 

 

39 comments:

  1. Some great sculpts and nifty paint work here, especially the hunter with the head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice witch hunters, Sander! I played with them 20 years ago (with proxy minis) and liked them a lot. Any reason for different thickness bases you have here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bases differ because the figures were initially intended for different game systems. The warrior priest is based on a Heroquest base as I wanted to use him for that game. The flagelants are originally from my Empire army and the other figures still await 25x25mm bases so are now actually standing on frostgrave bases that I will use as basetoppers

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful looking band of cutthroats and thieves, Sander! A worthy entry for the Old World challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curt uses the words wonderful looking band, I think the words nasty, dangerous or just bad ass would suit them better but I would agree with wonderful when it comes to the paint job, really well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work o these figures Sander. Love the Xmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Peter, I will make more pictures of them soon.

      Delete
  6. Mordheim has so much character! I particularly like your zealots. I'll have to look at Yuleheim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Barks, you should be able to find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NladzoiGxGB0KRXHUoddTsJLPjZsiPRp/view?fbclid=IwAR0TPlfVHbH4oyVaNPAsUfMdvJD5nmGtnC9I96M_4j0Ve32CRAiUkfIQKMM

      Delete
  7. Some nicely painted classic figures, Sander. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking work on some classic minis mate. The basing really sets them off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Millsy, I really enjoyed painted them. Sadly Arthur send them packing in our first game as per usual newly painted army rule...

      Delete
  9. Lovely work on your Mordheim. One of my favourite games. I love the cobblestone on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I used the square version of these bases: https://images.app.goo.gl/9eDRXacqLyzDwFzq5

      Delete
  10. Awesome Mordheim gang Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Cheers, it's a free stl from thingiverse!

      Delete
  12. Great stuff Sander, some really nice details on these figs 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic old school goodies - surely a GW mordheim reboot is next up after the success of necromunda and the old world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid not, it would be great but they have recently released a game called Cursed City and with that they seem to be content in filling the spot for a fantasy skirmish game.

      Delete
  14. Yuleheim! I love it! Great work on some classic figures here Sander, I'm loving the nostalgia vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never played mordheim but loved the figures. The zealots with the hand puppet and fish especially. You did a great job on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have great character and thanks for your kind words

      Delete
  16. Great post Sander. We to had many Mordheim battles in the days of ole GW. I was a beast as low rollers keep your warband in the game. The very same figures stare longingly from my shelf. Too many games too little time. Brush work is great and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see how your witchhunters look Bruce!

      Delete
  17. Excellent band a not so merrymen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work Sander, I love Captain Pügelmann!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sander i enjoyed your post and the painting style on your fantasy figures. I liked the cat as well?

    ReplyDelete