Monday 8 January 2024

From BobV: 18mm Napoleonic French and Bavarians and an entry for Sarah's Library Cart (240 points)

 Hello all!

I had thought upon retirement that my days of large collections of unpainted miniatures would soon be over. Alas, after three years without a full-time career, I can confirm that freedom without structure is just as great an enemy of progress as trudging off to the office every day. It's funny how many hobby-related tasks you can do without actually sitting down at the painting table. On the bright side, my reference library has never looked better, but at least a Division's worth of Napoleonic's still need to be painted. 

I therefore decided to join the Challenge and set some real deadlines to complete my long-delayed project. So far, so good.

What you see below are four small battalions (sorry KenR) of 18mm French and Bavarians from AB Miniatures. The flags are from Fighting 15's.

 


There are two battalions of French Légère, one battalion of Bavarian Leichtes and one battalion of Bavarian Line. I have also included a Bavarian Brigadier in the Leichtes green uniform. I make no claim as to any specific regiment as I find uniform specifics too tricky to master and I prefer to paint what I think looks good. The troops never complain.











The Bavarians are brand new (thanks Eureka Miniatures USA) so I am claiming them as New Acquisitions in the Library. I have also included a newly painted figure of indeterminate origin to claim Sarah's Library Cart. I believe she may be a freebie I picked up from Footsore Miniatures somewhere along the way. In any event, I refer to her as Lady Penelope. 




I am claiming the following points:

96 x 15mm foot @2 points = 192 points

1 x 15mm mounted @ four points = 4 points

20 points for New Acquistions = 20 points

20 points for lady Sarah's Book Cart = 20 points

Total = 236 points

 

Sylvain: To me, there is definitely a quality to quantity and I really like the overall look of your Napoleonic troops on the tabletop. Beyond the quantity, the quality of your brushwork is impeccable. I will add 4 points for the numerous flags to boost up your tally to 240. Vive l'Empereur!

 If you could provide a map of the Analogueville Library showing your progress, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

 


19 comments:

  1. These look great. I love how napoleonics actually benefits from the rank and file all being the same pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've certainly taken a bite out of your project pile with this submission, Bob! Fabulous work. I especially like the Bavarians and Penelope. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those AB figures are always SO lovely...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Napoleonic, nice to see some Bavarians too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these Naps! Always fun and terrifying to see these painted up.. so many of the same pose.. but you did them well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharp work Bob, the napoleonic ranks are very neat and Lady Penelope’s lipstick is very fashion forward 💄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another bomb shell ... and Napoleonics! Let's see is someone could do better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great entry Bob and you've taken a chunk out of the lead pile, great paint job, I have a small pile of Ab figures to do but probably not as part of this comp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty 18mm, and I like the pose on Lady P!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A solid start on reducing the to-do pile and some fine looking troops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful, especially the officer! More please. I had my ABs on the table on the weekend and they always look great especially when painted as well as these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these AB and Footsore models! Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's some very crisp painting, love the Bavarians!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smashing stuff, great to see you cracking through the backlog, very respectable unit size as well 😉😁

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice start on mining the lead mountain. I understand your surprise at retirement. Last few years for various reasons I have painted less combinedthan the last year when I worked. AHPC should get us all off to a nice start for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bob thanks for the sage advice as I eye retirement in a years time. Great work and love the brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice work, Bob, I especially like the Bavarians! I feel much like you, I spend far too much time pottering around in my hobby games doing anything but painting! The Challenge really changes that. Looking forward to more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent work Bob, great brushwork.

    ReplyDelete