Friday 26 January 2018

From Millsy: Empire Outriders (50 points)

It feels like an age since I've managed to get anything completed apart from bonus rounds. Work has been a right bugger but thankfully the Straya Day long weekend has arrived and I finally have some brush time.

Continuing to work through the Empire Lead Mountain, this lot are old skool Outriders. They're a kind of heavy light cavalry (whatever that means) and are armed with the medieval fantasy version of the Napoleonic naval volley gun. Quite how you would fire this sucker from horseback is beyond me but it's a fantasy game so let's just suspend belief and get on with it.


I wanted to go with a bit of a homage to the old 4th edition army book look where they have all yellow armour but it didn't really suit my more workmanlike style I want for this army. In the end I settled on yellow bands and highlights and I'm pretty pleased with the result.





So finally another 50 points for my tally and hopefully I can keep the ball rolling a bit faster now.

Tomorrow I'm off at the crack of sparrow to head down to Canberra for CANCON. Looking forward to seeing some fellow Aussie bloggers and sharing a few cleansing bevvies. If you are around and about we'll be at the Duck's Nuts from 6:00pm for a post-gaming catch up. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Millsy

_____________________

Oh, I haven't seen Empire Outriders for a looong time and these look just terrific Millsy. 

I really like the blue steel of their armour and barding (pauses to give a meaningful trout-pout), while the purple and yellow are incredibly eye-catching, lending them that 'look-at-me-while-more-dangerous-stuff-is-about-to-hit-you-over-there' air about them.

50 points for you Mr. Mills. Enjoy your day out at CANCON and please tip a glass to any other Challengers you run across there.

_____________________

18 comments:

  1. Lovely, brightly colourful stuff Millsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavy Lihgts Cavalry LOL they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Millsy, lots of colour. Enjoy your day at Cancon. Looking forward to the mandatory shot of geeky middle aged men in shorts grinning like idiots and clutching their bags of new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Millsy , really like the purple choice . Have a cracking day out !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on these grand old figures!

    Drive safe and have a great time - I'll have to hitch a ride with you some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job Millsy - love those whack-a-doodle guns. Of COURSE they are perfect for cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking empire cavalry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff as always Millsy an the crisp colours really make these pop

    Happy 'Strya date mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are stonking chaps Millsy, they look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, they are very nice, great colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice.

    I personally prefer pistoliers to outriders, but these guys are stunning. Building an Ostermark army?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! The bright yellow looks great. Better than all over in my opinion. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cracking work Millsy! Lovely bright shades on some really nice sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful work on these old outriders, Millsy!
    The yellow is very eye catching and son well, but I really like that blueish tone to that polished bare metal!

    ReplyDelete