Friday 18 January 2019

From AdamC: Norman Knights (90 points)

Finished off the last of my Conquest Games Norman Knights this week. I'll be using them for Saga and "Lion/Dragon Rampant" games.
First up is the "Warlord"  his sword dramatically raised.
I tried a modification to the helmet that broke while painting.  So instead of having cools wings the helmet looks battered I'm calling it a happy accident.
 The remaining eight figures will make two points of Heartgard for Saga or a second unit of Mounted Men at Arms completing my Lion Rampant army.
The banner is hand painted the design came mostly out of my head.
obviously I drew on many similar pennants and flags. Still I think this one isn't a duplication.
 The guys who are not in armor have the same livery and the colors of the shields should tie the whole force together.  All the shields are hand painted.
I added the war hammer its slightly anachronistic but I wanted to add in some weapons that where not spears or swords.  I didn't have any maces that were to scale but that war hammer came out of a warlords game box and looked right.
Army Group Shot  Two Units of Men At Arms (12 Points) 12 Crossbowmen with Pavaise (6 points) and 12 Foot Sargent with "expert" up grade (6 points).   That Completes my Army for the Rampant innovation Challenge.

These Nine mounted 25/28mm soldiers should be good for 90 points.

__________________________________________________________________

"Unfortunately there is one thing standing between me and that property: the rightful owners."

“What do you want me to do, sir?”

“I want you to round up every vicious criminal and knifeweilder in the west. Take this down.

“I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Huns, puns, bandits, brigands, Viking bezergers, Frenchmen, Frenchwomen, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, wagon robbers, crossers, double-crossers, triple-crossers, traders, betrayers, pillagers and ardent Christians.”

“Could you repeat that, sir?”
 
"Get me 90 points of Normans, Taggart."

19 comments:

  1. LOL glad you like them... At least I think you like them 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the retinue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Simon Schama's description of the Normans as 'the scary half-skinheads of Northern Europe'.

    These guys are excellent, Adam, and the handpainted shields and banners have come up a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on your French psycho killers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work and congratulations on completing your retinue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Adam. Well done on getting the lot of them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Adam, great knights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the variations on a theme with the shields.

    ReplyDelete