Friday 22 March 2019

Stats, The Teaser

As if the words "Stats" needs something so mundane as a teaser marketing campaign.  I still get a little tingle every time I type the word stats.  I suspect each and everyone of you have the same reaction or greater when you read that word....

But, sadly, there are a few unenlightened souls who live in the intellectual wilderness of the non-mathemagical world (gads could there ever be a worse place - I suspect not),  For those bedraggled souls, I shall offer a few hints as to the statistical glory that awaits all of you when the Challenge Stats post is unveiled this weekend.  You may all rest assured that, as you slumber in your paint splattered painting warrens, my statistical minions are making the appropriate sacrifices, chanting the needed incantations and carrying the two to provide you with mathematical enlightenment, however unworthy you are to receive it.

No need to thank me, it's what I do.  You're Welcome.

One note - as this is a family oriented channel (despite the attempts of a certain participant to get us a "adult content warning" from Google) I've rounded off the numbers.  Sometimes too many decimal places is just to "suggestive".  I think you know what I mean. (wink)

So without further ado, said teasers are below:

101K

241

-471

WOW - It doesn't get any better than that, does it?

And, before you ask, there will be charts and graphs for those of you who still need training wheels when playing with numbers.  I can not tell you how it pains me to stoop to this level of numerological communication but it's sadly needed.  Oh how I dream of a day when we all communicate only in binary. What a glorious day that will be.

Your Friendly 'very stable genius" Stats Wizard
Miles

P.S.
For those of you with access to the glorious spreadsheet of divination - NO PEEKING!  I can track who looks at the spreadsheet and my wrath is as cruel as my memory is long......





23 comments:

  1. Interesting teasers. I shan't peek at the spreadsheet of wonders. Well, maybe, but logged in as the fecker Ray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray. Bare wires may be involved.. careful..

      Delete
    2. Don't worry about the wires, Ray - as long as your standing in a puddle your safe - trust me

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited,like all the Pointer Sisters on Christmas Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you're about to loose control and you like it!

      Delete
    2. Miles.. mind bleach shares are well and truly up!

      Delete
    3. He knows Dave. It's his favourite nipple. Sorry, I meant tipple...

      Delete
    4. Martin blew my big secret - I'll be performing an interpretive dance to the Pointer Sisters iconic song "I'm So Excited". I think you all will be most impressed with my rhythmic undulations and creative interpretations.

      Delete
    5. That I could sell tickets for

      Delete
  3. As a relative newcomer, can I just check my understanding, that the population has an abnormal distribution and more than a few standard deviations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Miles said/ ignore Ray...

      Delete
    2. There's a significant number on non-standard deviations for that matter.

      Delete
    3. Noel - the population of the Challenge is full of abnormals and deviants :)

      Delete
  4. I'm squirming in my seat with anticipation. Or maybe I just have to pee. hmm, be right back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind that stats bollox.. where is the pi ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miles ate it. All of it. Hereafter he shall be referred to as Piface.

      Delete
    2. Well there really wasn't enough to share so I was faced with an ethical dilemma - share the pie evenly and everyone's unhappy OR eat all myself and have at least one person happy. Being a classic capitalist I went with the second option as it did maximize value.

      Delete
  6. Hold still. That painful sound is just the auditing of the books and interrogating the statistical models by (the) SAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you squirm, the pain from mathematical insights only gets worse

      Delete