Sunday 3 March 2019

The 'Fellowship' Theme Round is now UP! ...and Curt's Two Fellowships


Hello Everyone!

The final theme round of Challenge IX, 'Fellowship', is now up on the gallery page. Please click over to see all the excellent entries.

I think you will all enjoy this closing round as there are many fabulous perspectives on the theme, from a downed Luftwaffe crew, and tight-knit LRDG squad, to a heroic band of mice and unlikely literary companions - you'll find an amazing assortment of all things companionable.

After you've enjoyed the gallery please take some time to vote for all your favourite entries.

I know, I know, I'm sounding like a broken record: Please keep in mind when visiting the gallery that Blogger has a glitch indexing large volumes of entries uploaded in a short period of time. So, when you advance to view the next submission in the gallery it may skip one or two ahead. Infuriating, I know. Anyway, the way to ensure that you're seeing all the submissions is to use the list of posts on the right sidebar to advance through the list of entries. Thanks!

______________________________________



Well, anyone who saw my opening entry for this Challenge won't be too shocked with my 'Fellowship' submission today.

Picking up from Frodo and Sam, here are the the seven remaining Companions of the Ring-bearer. All of these figures are first-run GW metals, which were a complete joy to work on. 


The eagle-eyed amongst you will see that I swapped out the 'Fellowship Gandalf' for the one from the Balrog box set. The stock Gandalf is a terrific figure, but I preferred the more dynamic pose of the Balrog one for this scene.

When I was doing the finishing touches on the Fellowship set I thought back on the scene set in Balin's Tomb and realized that I could use the same setting to depict another fellowship, that of Ori and his few remaining kinsmen in their final stand against the orcs and Balrog in the fall of Moria. 



These dwarf models are, again, venerable figures from GWs first LotR supplement, 'Shadow and Flame', released in 2003 (I was amazed I still had a few of these squirrelled away in the Lead Shed). I'm typically not a huge Dwarf aficionado, but these models were pretty darn cool, especially the heavily armoured Khazad Guard.

So, there you have it: TWO fellowships, both making their valiant stand in the Chamber of Mazarbul.

These 16 figures will give me 80 points for my continuing struggle to reach my 1200 target.

Enjoy the theme gallery, vote and come back next week to see the results.

Thanks!

Curt

11 comments:

  1. Awesome. Dwarves rule! Excellent work and going to enjoy the submissions. cheers and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Those metal dwarves are lovely models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Curt, a terrific couple of Fellowships!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pair of fellowships! Excellent work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work dude! Some classic figures there, beautiful execution.

    And yes, even the dwarves are great sculpts, are they not? I generally hate dwarves, but these GW LOTR sculpts are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a stunning piece of work Curt!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic figures here Curt: treating us twice over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the very kind comments, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete