Saturday 18 January 2020

From AlexS: Various strange creatures (114 pts)

Hello everybody! My name is Alex and I try to make my every message on the event thematic. For example, pirates in one message, terrane in one and so on. It seems to me that it will be more interesting to other participants. But I have miniatures, which are few and do not fit into any subject. I painted them from day one and thought to combine, but it didn’t work out. Therefore, today there are various strange creatures that my island traveler is looking at.


The Chinese calendar is very popular in Russia. Therefore, before the new year, many figures of mice and rats appeared on sale (they say, is the year of the rat now?). I bought a set of such figures. My children painted two mice, I painted one and made an element of terrane from it (or a marker?). Perhaps this is a statue of the great rat god in Lustria? It is small in size, so I think it’s 5 points.





I continue to sneak into the children's bedroom at night and steal toys from them, as I have been doing since almost the first event. Yes, this is strange, but it seems to me that my Animal Planet project is beautiful. I actively use the resulting models as markers or even as opponents of heroes (spider! Look, there is a huge spider!) These are eight models that will give me 40 points.


What could be better than old models? A bat from GW and a necromancer from Fundry! 10 points.


I ordered these models in a Chinese store. They are probably from some kind of board game. But I will use them as children of Dagon in my wild west world. 10 points.


I have had these models for a long time. At one time, the Russian company Zvezda tried to produce models for the 40k analogue. They did not succeed, but I will use them again in my world of the wild west as a soldier of the powerful Tesla corporation. And in any fantastic setting they will find their application. 15 points for cyborgs and 5 points for drones - a total of 20 points.


This pig robot was also a children's toy, but I tried and made a golem or an automatic machine out of it for a fantastic setting (and, of course, for my crazy world of the wild west). 5 points.





And finally - creatures from other dimensions, alien monsters or whatever - a set of creatures that come in handy anytime, anywhere. There is a large creature that walks, there are tentacles from the ground, there are brain-suckers, telepaths and small creatures. An ideal set of opponents for any squad of adventurers. Large creature - 5 points, average creature (6 pieces) at 3 points and 4 small creatures - 1 point. Total 24 points.




On this for today, thank you watched my strange set of different creatures.


***
 What a random and eclectic set of figures here Alex, but that is not a bad thing at all! 

I love the randomness here and how you make them all work together by keeping the colour palette the same across them.

While they are all nice, my favourite by FAR is the pig robot.  The choice to do his body essentially monochromatic and then his head in that crimson red is brilliant and it makes him look amazing.  Awesome work Alex.

- ByronM

8 comments:

  1. That's a great mixed bag of figures Alex - lovely work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of figures and the pig faced golem is excellent
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your entries Alex. They are funny and so creative. Also, I'm totally in favour of anyone who steals toys from their kids to get their projects done. It's sort of like the Willy Wonka school of parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great assortment of wackiness, love the pig robot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, another stunning menagerie, great work Alex.

    Any chance I could score one of those "Pig Robots" for my Alpha Legion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those alien dimension figures are great!

    ReplyDelete