Friday 31 January 2020

From KatrinaS. Commissar Annaka Sage - Sarah's Balloon (40pts)

This week was slow going for me. I have been solo parenting and still have another week to go. I still found a little time for myself to paint and prep for upcoming projects.
 This was the first time painting a Victoria Miniatures model and I can see myself doing more in the future the detail is top notch. I picked her up while at LVO last weekend specifically for this challenge. I completed this single 28 mm Commissar Annaka Sage miniature up last night and based this morning. I will be using Annaka to ride Sarah's Balloon across the Island to O'Grady's Gultch.
 

I opened and finished a bottle of bubbles (in a plastic Skye cup) the first night of painting. Which may or may not of contributed to being so slow.

 That power stance is so great!

I again worked on non metallic metals, I don't think I am there yet but it is looking better, for some reason I am scared of too bright. I felt like I was struggling with her skin tone but now that she is all finished I like the pale complextion.

 The detail on this miniature is like I said earlier amazing! 


Points:
28mm: 5 pts.
Sarah's Balloon: 30 pts.
Bottle of Bubbles: 5 pts.
Total: 40 pts.



That's a very nice Commissar - I love the uniform colours and that's some nice highlighting on the sweeping folds of the coat.

TamsinP








13 comments:

  1. This is a lovely bit of work, Katrina, both in the choice and execution. Victoria Lamb is a terrific sculptor and you've certainly done the model justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done .the VM figures are a joy to paint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely figure Katrina, I like her an awful lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria Miniatures are fantastic - and some great brushwork here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely miniature and great painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic work on her, off to visit victoria minis now

    ReplyDelete
  7. 🎈Welcome aboard the Balloon Service Katrina - clear sailing ahead, mild temperatures and I do think there may be some more bubbly 🥂🎈
    Lovely miniature I particularly like her Great Coat and that it looks like Commander Annaka has her own wind machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome indeed! I might take it as inspiration to paint Severina Raine if I ever get the chance.
    Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I agree with Sander, she'd make a great Severina Raine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice- I should get some Victoria Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete