Saturday 15 February 2020

From Curt: Marie Lambeau 'The Entertainer' from Mansions of Madness (5 Points)


I think I'll take in the sun and the surf at 'Douglas' Shallows', so here's my fare for Sarah's Balloon: Marie Lambeau 'The Entertainer' from 'Mansions of Madness'.



Marie is a creole jazz singer, originally from The Big Easy, but now based in Arkham. In the game she benefits from a very solid stat line paired with an awesome special ability, one which allows her to cast a spell at the start of her turn without having to spend an action. This is huge in a game where players are always nibbling their fingernails deciding on how to spend their two actions per turn. Paired with the right spell(s) Marie can be an invaluable addition to the party.


Again, I've tried to follow the art on the character card. For a bit of additional colour I gave her a pair of Dorothy-Red pumps. Oddly, the basing was a bit of a swine this time around, with me having to go through three of the blighters to finally get it right. More a lack of patience on my part than anything else. 


Next up: Douglas' Shallows!

-Curt

***

I really love these character figures that you do Curt.  I appreciate you matching the colours to the character cards as well, as I have some friends that make up their own colour schemes and while many look great, I find it really distracting looking at my character sheet and then instinctively looking for something that matches on the game board and not finding it.

I am still not sold on clear bases (even though I am the one that cuts them for you) as I find the glare distracting on them, but if there is one thing I have learned about gaming and painting over the years, it's that everyone likes and dislikes different things!  So keep using them since you like them, and since I make some cash off you using them :-)

Regardless of the base, I love the character and think you have caught her essense completely.  I look forward to playing with these sometime soon.

- ByronM

P.S.  For a guy that walks so much in real life, why does it seem that your online character is averse to walking a single step on the island???

18 comments:

  1. 5 points doesn't do this justice! Marie is a terrific sculpt, brought to life with a brilliant paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Ev, thanks. She's a great mini - very much the interwar torch song singer.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Byron! Yeah, I can see your point on the bases, but I still like them. Besides, I've done so many that I feel I can't stop now! :)

    As to the constant flights, I really enjoy painting female characters and Sarah's Balloon is a fun excuse to get some more done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it Curt? You manage to write and keepmtrack of all the Snowlords Peak posts as well as doing your own posts and reply to almost all entries in the challenge as well?! Most astonishing is that the quality of your painting doesn't suffer just a little bit... well another beautiful figure for the game for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🎈Lady Sarah will divulge that Miles “gifts” us with high test espresso beans, DeathWish Coffee, at the start of Challenge season .... nefarious and sneaky, as Curt is already a night owl .....☕️☕️

      Delete
  4. This is another work of art, great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely figure, full of character. In a way, I'm glad you had difficulty with the basing, because I found transparent basing such a pig, yet your results are always perfect.
    Really want to be playing Mansions with these figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome character, love the red pumps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Curt. You have quite the collection of Arkham Horror characters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frequent flier miles will be huge by end of the challenge! She is beautifully done Curt!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve been loving these character figures Curt! Well done on this one. We’ll see you in the shallow end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great figure, you captured the skintone very well I should say. Seeing all these characters coming along is a real treat (even if I don't know anything about the game or its background)! I'm with you on the bases as well, the figures look great on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another nicely painted pulp model

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work! I like the gold accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic brushwork as always dude.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous painting Curt and such an evocative figure. Babylon Berlin springs to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the kind words everyone, it's all very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete