Tuesday 29 December 2020

SebastianR: A feast for ghouls (35pts)

 I wonder what miniatures I could be bringing for the larder? Maybe some halfling chef's as suggested, or a table laden with a magic feast or maybe...

It's ghouls.


I realise I've already been pipped to the post on this one, but nevertheless I persevere. It did take me an embarrassingly long time to realise that these guys filled the requirements of this chamber rather neatly, and I suspect we'll see a fair number of other similar necrophages before the challenge is through.


While the figures are nice, it did take rather a lot of work to fill in the void left in the joins to the arms. I have a number of other Heresy figures waiting in the wings and I hope they don't also take as much time.


As for the paint job, I don't know whether I like the effect or not. As always, I think flocking will help, but the painting was a bit of a chore. I honestly think I washed up then down then highlighted to arrive at roughly the same place I started. They're not what I was aiming for, but given my track record with painting flesh...


I dunno. I found a more appropriate pallet half way through painting them, so the next batch, when I get round to them will look slightly different. Gloss varnish will be added to the bloody areas after they've been varnished.

They'll be taking up a central, mobile role in my growing Mordheim warband.

That's 20 points for the challenge and 15 for the models for a total of 35, and the way open to level 2.

11 comments:

  1. There’s always room for another party of hungry guests. Gruesome work on these ghouls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate ghouls, even very well painted ones. Just too creepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the flesh tones you've achieved. They look suitably undeadish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lonely ghouls in your area looking to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love pack of Ghouls...other than Pickman of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking figs, reminds me the mother in laws birthday is next week 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Couldn't think of any reason they'd be in the larder though. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete