Tuesday 29 December 2020

SebastianR: Shades of Grey (25pts)

And so, into the Chamber of Darkness. Over my Christmas in Raccoon City London I watched as my initial position in the top five slipped away, and now I'm back to reclaim my rightful place, leading the pack (Narrator: his rightful place was not leading the pack).


I originally wasn't going to do this chamber but then I realised I have had this samurai miniature kicking around for literally years, and was dreading painting it. So here we are, an easy paint-job and an addition to the savvy competitor bonus point heavy strategy (TM). And crucially this opens up the way to the larder.


Is this greyscale? It's certainly monochrome. But let's be honest, I was never going to reach the levels of previous greyscale minis. When I started my goal was to make him at least not look like a statue or a ghost. And I think I've succeeded, more or less.


But lets play a game. I've decided that he is some sort of zombie ghost escaped from an Akira Kurosawa film in order to seek revenge on [group] for [reason]. He will be defeated by [method].

[Group - roll a d6]

  1. Hot 20-somethings pretending to be teens
  2. Hitchhikers
  3. Americans
  4. The Japanese Government
  5. Descendants of the Shogun
  6. Descendants of Akira Kurosawa

[Reason - roll a d6]

  1. Having hot sex
  2. Dishonouring him in some vague and poorly explained way
  3. Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  4. Modernising
  5. Rising against the emperor
  6. Trapping him in the film in the first place

[Method - roll a d6]

  1. Electricity
  2. Playing the film backwards (why this works is also vague and poorly explained)
  3. Sufficiently heavy firepower, followed by the one-liner "that's for Pearl Harbour, bitch!"
  4. A long monologue about the spirit of Japan which blatantly just the director getting to soapbox about his nationalistic bent
  5. A magic katana
  6. He isn't. It sort of just ends in an artsy montage. Nerds argue on the internet about what really happened for years. No one else cares

idk, feeling cute, might repaint later.

25pts all in.



15 comments:

  1. Very effective monochrome work. Love the fluff that you’ve added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work with the greyscale.
    Testing the back story I grabbed a D6:
    Killed by descendants of Akira Kurosawa using electricity while having hot sex (the descendants or the zombie???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it back to front. He will seek vengeance on the descendants of Kurosawa *for* having sex. He will be defeated with electricity.

      Delete
  3. Lovely figure and paint job. As for your challenge my kids achieved that he must seek revenge on hitchhikers for rising against the Emperor and will be defeated by sufficiently heavy firepower, followed by the one-liner, "that's for Pearl Harbour, bitch!"

    A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. Terrific greyscale figure (I like the cloak) and an awesome choose/roll your own storyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I gave you 5 bonus for the script. Mine was teenagers/hot sex/Blade Runner ending.

      Delete
  5. Nice work on the monochrome Samurai.
    For my roll, he is seeking revenge on the descendants of the Shogun for dishonouring him in some vague and poorly explained way. He will be defeated by a long monologue about the spirit of Japan, which is blatantly just the director getting to soapbox about his nationalistic bent.
    Hang on, I think I've seen that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revenge for Hiroshima, defeated by the Japanese government using electricity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking monochrome samurai! I'm a bit worried as I'm a descendant of someone Japanese!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking fig 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely not a colourless entry. Superb effort. Especially since it involved wreaking revenge on Hot 20-somethings pretending to be teens because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, by playing the film backwards. Didn't get why this worked, as it was also vague and poorly explained...

    ReplyDelete