Tuesday 29 December 2020

Codsticker Enters The Chambers of Challenge (points?)

 To paraphrase Ricki, I "get two birds stoned at once" (for those that need a reference: Rickyisms). The following dock and boats are all 28mm from Games Workshop's Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game Lake Town Multipack (mouthful!).


The Chamber of Darkness
This is my first attempt at greyscale however there isn't much grey; it's mostly black and white:
The dock was primed with Armor Coat grey, then hit with a black wash/stain made from Golden High Flow Acrylic Black and worked up using Games Workshop Dawnstone and Golden High Flow Acylic Titanium White.

The Aquifer
To meet the Aquifer requirement, I painted three boats from the same  Games Workshop kit.
All three painted using a combination of the Golden High Flow Acrylics (Titanium White, Shading Grey, Sienna, Sepia, Ochre) Games workshop (Ice Blue, Dawnstone, Steel Legion Drab) and Army Painter (Drake Tooth).

17th century English colonial unloads supplies in the Caribbean (Foundry ECW banana figure for scale):
I'm not sure how to point these: I think 15 or 20 pts for all 4 pieces is fair, but as they don't make up a 6" cube I wonder if 20 pts is too little for a proper 6" cube's worth of terrain?
So with the Challenge bonuses, I am guessing somewhere between 50-60 pts.

I think I will tackle the curtgeld next...








13 comments:

  1. Oh neat - I had no idea GW had ever done a set like this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great small boats, I like those a lot. Good work on the dock too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boats are ace! Really like the weathering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking boats, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely, but I want to see more of the waterway and scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Rob! Love those boats. I went with 60 for the group. In the future, keep it to one submission per challenge chamber. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, a nice touch would have been someone sat on the dock "wasting time" 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little boats and awesome dock pier thingy!

    ReplyDelete