Tuesday 29 December 2020

From TomG - My, What a Big Weapon! - The Chambers of Darkness - 30 Points

MORE?! My my, you do adventure quickly, but surely after dodging traps, suffering terrifying experiences and being chased by a golem, you have earned a respite. Maybe a game of cards?

WAIT!

HOW DARE YOU! YOU CHEATING SCUM!

Oh my, what a predicament we find ourselves in, although I'm sure charm, and maybe a little bit of leg, will save the day... 

For my entry to the Chamber of Darkness, I take you back to the classic black and white films, full of wicked Germans and the most demure femme fatale.

I had a real journey of pleasure creating and painting this vignette, having thought about it since the end of Challenge X, but never making time to create it.

All of the greys are unique to their texture, even down to the skin of the two figures. I really wanted the lady of the scene to have that pure skin tone, so famous from the best age of cinema (open to debate I'm sure). The cards are curtesy of my wife and her hobby of miniature sculpting for dolls houses, made from a polymer clay. 

I don't think I'm going to enjoy painting anything as much as this ever again, but we will see. The frame used during photo editing felt too appropriate to miss. 

Points are 10 for two 28mm miniatures and 20 for a challenge entry = 30 points. 

26 comments:

  1. Excellent work in greyscale! Very reminiscent of those movies of old indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad it translates well, thank you.

      Delete
  2. That’s an amazing scene, I’m really impressed. I’m ready for my closeup Mr DeMille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little scene, straight from an old movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work Tom. Looks like Bridget von Hammersmark to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does appear to be facing quite the inglorious... individual 🤣 Thank you Ray.

      Delete
  5. Great looking B&W vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Song choice: 🎶 “Friends of Mr Cairo”🎶

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on that, spot on
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. You enjoyed painting it, I enjoyed looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is definitely my favourite greyscale contribution so far. Amazing! Fantastically original, expertly executed and your in style photography is ace too. Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete